The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sub forums RSS Feed for Live Sound
Stage Lighting
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey hey! Just a quick note about what should and shouldn't go here - If you have a query/topic/thought about live RECORDING...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 30,812
Whitecat 12th December 2012

Why are outdoor venues mixed sooooooo bottom heavy, inaudible vocals. I live in upstate ny and was at Saratoga to see SteelyDan,...

kgveteran
replies: 523 views: 35,121
deedeeyeah 19 minutes ago

Im in a band. I play bass on a MOOG synth. There is a violinist, an organist, two drummers and a guitar. We play in a...

franklinstower
replies: 9 views: 398
Honkermann 58 minutes ago

I’m mixing a 45pce orchestra outdoors with not so experienced tenors. Very tight schedule. No tech rehearsal for me. Max 1hr...

THE_NIK
replies: 18 views: 615
THE_NIK 1 hour ago

Hi all, my first time using a QL5 on a show. I have used the QL1 on a show before but only for about a week a few months back and...

Welshhobo
replies: 10 views: 189
tenderboy 1 hour ago

I came across an intriguing quote: “Fortus mentioned that with the band’s in-ear monitors, Axl has a channel that the...

dallas1209
replies: 3 views: 248
deedeeyeah 4 hours ago

Hi everyone, just joined because I have some doubts about how to setup a simple private rehearsal room. Let me explain: me and...

Prosny
replies: 8 views: 322
Prosny 6 hours ago

Hello! Ive noticed that when playing back backing tracks from either a laptop or sampler (I have the Roland SP404) that the...

noisebleed
replies: 9 views: 1,148
DMFraser 8 hours ago

Hi, and thanks The nice old JBL's are great but not handling kick and bass guitar too well - sounds like 15" woofers are...

PJD3
replies: 4 views: 383
DownTheLine 10 hours ago

Sorry if this is a duplicate post. I've read every similar thread I can find on the subject but most are somewhat old and I'm...

jackchandelier
replies: 50 views: 19,904
tshort 11 hours ago

These might be cheap enough to try out for kicks.. it definitely looks...

RightOnRome
replies: 7 views: 398
Pro Sound Guy 16 hours ago

Hi, In your opinion, is it fine to perform an electronic live show with a keytar? Indeed, according to what I've been reading...

Donedeal0
replies: 4 views: 333
pmboos 1 day ago

Its from about 1978, has worked great until last week when it started occasional loud pops. It does this regardless of anything...

hamncheez5
replies: 6 views: 443
Pro Sound Guy 3 days ago

I'm having some odd noise coming through the left arrays on start up. Only appears from the moment the Speakers are powered on...

Hjbratt
replies: 1 views: 271
Pro Sound Guy 3 days ago

Hello all...i think this goes in this section... I need to pick up a mic asap today for a show and could really use your...

trupro
replies: 46 views: 74,772
OnlyOneToothNow 3 days ago

I setup my rack(s) based on the gig or tour but these are the two main racks that I mostly carry. The channel strips and...

Samc
replies: 185 views: 14,380
jacko 4 days ago

I currently have everything set up for inears...the only issue is, my guitar strap pulls on the cable and pulls them out of my...

foul_owl
replies: 9 views: 431
foul_owl 4 days ago

Hi so I make v heavily electronic music but they’re still songs (not like loops or dance). I’m wondering what would be the...

cantmix95
replies: 5 views: 446
deedeeyeah 5 days ago

So i'm re-doing my backing tracks. We are a 2 piece rock band Live Guitar, vocals and drums. Bass/ synth / doubles through the...

vashuba
replies: 13 views: 853
grannis 5 days ago

The upcoming festival season will be long, include a lot of air travel and cover a lot of different countries, which means months...

Samc
replies: 35 views: 2,300
Samc 5 days ago

I hear a lot of subtle pitch correcting on live vocals nowadays. Any gear of choice that the pros usually use?

erike123
replies: 6 views: 611
DirkP 5 days ago

No, this isn't a rant about X32's being better than other consoles in its price range. It's about what best facilitates touring...

AC2SPL
replies: 209 views: 16,110
jude 6 days ago

anyone got some experience/is familiar with the turbosound flashline mini (tfs-550h and tfs-550l) line array? would be interested...

deedeeyeah
replies: 16 views: 1,322
deedeeyeah 6 days ago

I have a jazz quartet. It kind of does fusion too. I might expand to a five or six piece once in awhile. I need a small, LIGHT...

henryrobinett
replies: 74 views: 1,924
gfa916 6 days ago

For ten years, I've run a 7-piece cover band whereby all the gear fits in a 10' trailer. 3 musicians + 1 crew member set up and...

mcmoore
replies: 5 views: 680
mcmoore 6 days ago

Hey all! Curious if anyone has used any of the Turbosound IP series subs without the column speakers. Plus whether or not...

~RW~BootyStackr
replies: 2 views: 390
cheu78 1 week ago

L-ACOUSTICS TO UNVEIL SYVA SEGMENT SOURCE AT ISE 2017 - L-ACOUSTICS Just wondering if anyone knows anything about it, I'm a...

Phil0
replies: 79 views: 8,179
bassman 1 week ago

Seems ip audio is getting more attention hear so thought I'd post: I'm Thinking the MOTU 8D would work well in my setup but...

throbert
replies: 0 views: 307
throbert 1 week ago

I was re-evaluating the PA system for our small gaming/sci-fi convention, and decided to put together a cost-benefit analysis for...

Hxd Ped
replies: 8 views: 518
kuasalogam 1 week ago

Building a MON file for 5 stereo in-ear mixes using the Midas Pro offline editor. I can’t figure out how to copy the levels and...

Louderock
replies: 1 views: 480
audiofeeling 1 week ago

Hi, As many of you will know I have been using a pair of Yamaha DXR15's over QSC KW181 subs for the past few years. On smaller...

dickiefunk
replies: 0 views: 324
dickiefunk 1 week ago

Hi all, I am looking to buy a new vocal dynamic mic and I would like to get an advice from you and your experience. I am...

bogsa
replies: 15 views: 895
brhoward 1 week ago

Hey guys I have a question regarding processing. Basically my setup is as follows: 4 JBL VRX 932LA-1 (2 per side) 4 JBL...

synlyn
replies: 2 views: 387
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Been looking at the Flexsys FM10 monitor from DB Tech. It appears DB doesn't have a dealer network. All I can find are boxes on...

davet
replies: 5 views: 449
mojo filters 1 week ago

Hey people. I'm looking for a solution to my live performances with a band I just joined. I'd like to purchase the most...

Muskman
replies: 0 views: 354
Muskman 1 week ago

I've been thinking about investing in some high quality ear plugs because I obviously value my hearing very highly and cheap...

dangoudie
replies: 76 views: 37,239
Samc 1 week ago

I got 24 countryman e6 omni headset mics and they may have cost me a gig, plus they video taped the night for sale. The show...

shproductions03
replies: 18 views: 6,047
Zoot 1 week ago

besides other work, i'm regularly mixing a few shows on an annual jazz fesival or assist guest engineers or do monitors for...

deedeeyeah
replies: 48 views: 2,348
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Hi, I can’t seem to find a loop pedal with multiple channels to loop, and multi instrument input capability, that has...

jah_mezzzz
replies: 9 views: 721
DownTheLine 1 week ago

I see a lot of these drum mic bundles, but on the cheaper end of the spectrum they do not come what I would consider proper...

zephonic
replies: 2 views: 413
elegentdrum 1 week ago

I have a few mic stands where the tube is crimped onto a metal fitting that threads into the base. Naturally, the stands began...

2manyrocks
replies: 2 views: 452
2manyrocks 1 week ago

Good day everyone! My name is Giovanni and I'm new here. I have a question. My band wants to build an in ear monitor system as...

Giovanni1996
replies: 1 views: 366
jetam 1 week ago

Hi all! I'm a singer who busks regularly and I'd like to improve the sound of the backing tracks that are coming out of my...

oldpyjamas
replies: 5 views: 493
chris661 1 week ago

Here's my proposed setup: (I already own all the gear) Behringer S32 stagebox (same as Midas DL32) Klark Teknik...

r2b2
replies: 2 views: 524
tomwattsaino 1 week ago

Can you change to language on a Yamaha M7.

THE_NIK
replies: 4 views: 449
THE_NIK 1 week ago

Hey all! Looking for a vocal mic for high-register male singer, fairly dynamic but mostly quiet, can be sibilant at times and...

marc.scollo
replies: 6 views: 508
marc.scollo 1 week ago

Hoping someone with PA, desk, speaker, experience could help me out with some advice. This is probably going to be long winded to...

Twistie
replies: 5 views: 712
DownTheLine 1 week ago

I am currently using an Allen & Heath Zed60-14FX for mixing live sound/speech in a house of worship environment. I use a...

clanderson
replies: 7 views: 938
DownTheLine 1 week ago

Hello, in many flamenco concerts i noticed a dpa 4099 mounted directly on top of the sdc in front of the guitar. What is this...

elguitarrero
replies: 1 views: 434
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Hello! Im a newbie when it comes to sound so I have a couple of questions regarding my sound reinforcement for my mobile DJ...

djdeepkanga
replies: 6 views: 586
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

A huge prop to the X32 Rack and the XR18. We had a cataclysmic level storm close to out of the blue (winds blowing at 100km/h,...

Mandachuva
replies: 0 views: 414
Mandachuva 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search