The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Live Sound

Sub forums RSS Feed for Live Sound
Stage Lighting
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey hey! Just a quick note about what should and shouldn't go here - If you have a query/topic/thought about live RECORDING...

replies: 0 views: 24,282
Whitecat 12th December 2012

I have a young friend who just got one of these from his band director and wants to "fix it up". I down loaded all the...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 3 views: 13
Moonbaby 1 minute ago

Hey everyone. Trying to build myself a live rack so i'm looking into what my favorite bands are using. This is a pic of the live...

replies: 6 views: 143
Jeff Hayat 7 minutes ago

Hello all! I have a question for all of you, because after reading lot of reviews all over the internet I still do not have...

replies: 4 views: 307
mtkolife 40 minutes ago

Did some research before creating this thread and can't seem to find any universally accepted wireless mics. I know that the SM58...

replies: 0 views: 45
Antt 1 hour ago

I've had trouble gain staging with my vocal pedal for years. On new TC mic mechanic pedals, they have automatic gain detection,...

replies: 1 views: 145
lschwart 2 hours ago

Hi folks! My story goes like this: In a month or two, I'm moving to Malta to do live shows (coffee houses/busks/restaurants),...

replies: 3 views: 94
lschwart 2 hours ago

Anyone got any experience of both of these? I already have an HK Linear 5 Big Venue which dest the job & I like (but don't...

replies: 0 views: 91
duckoff 6 hours ago

Hi guys, I'm not too knowledgable when it comes to setting up things for live recording. I need to record a performance that'll...

replies: 0 views: 97
Joeytpg 6 hours ago

It’s time to make the switch to digital and I’m looking for some insight. Here’s the situation: 5 piece rock/pop cover...

replies: 15 views: 721
hughshouse 7 hours ago

Newbie to the forum! Thanks in advance for any input. OK, I know this is a really weird comparison because it is active vs....

replies: 1 views: 177
duderanch 7 hours ago

I am looking for some info regarding a ring circuit for people with impaired hearing in a small theatre (200m2/1800sft). There...

replies: 2 views: 131
Derick 9 hours ago

You’re the sound guy for a band that’s going on tour and will carry full production. They conduct more than a week of...

replies: 40 views: 1,173
Samc 19 hours ago

Hi All, I'm a guitarist playing in a 4 piece classic rock band and I'm about to plunk down for my own PA system. I've done a...

replies: 35 views: 4,364
Wyllys 19 hours ago

Hi! In digital desks lek Midas M32 and Behringer X32 you can insert harware units. What about the new Allen & Heath SQ5/6 or...

replies: 24 views: 732
jetam 21 hours ago

We use battery powered monitors for many our gigs ... Is Carvin going to discontinue their self powered line ?? We heard talk...

replies: 0 views: 197
cjogo 22 hours ago

Hi all, I'm having trouble picking the right headphone sets for an audio tour. We need headphones for 15 people (microphone...

replies: 7 views: 278
jetam 23 hours ago

I am wondering if I should try to delay FOH to backline ? I've read that common approach is to use loudest instrument (snare)...

replies: 45 views: 1,223
Wyllys 23 hours ago

Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum. I did a search of previous threads and was not able to address my problem...

replies: 6 views: 209
Wyllys 23 hours ago

I play and sing lead vocals in an alternative/psych rock with my band. Been around for just about 9 years now. I had an SM58...

replies: 12 views: 565
Wiley Purchase 1 day ago

Trying to connect the new Presonus SL 3 series desk to a new MBP with a Anker USB-C hub and it doesn't work. Network device...

replies: 15 views: 1,498
brew 1 day ago

Hey guys! Just picked up a pair of Shure SE215's for my monitor engineer gig. Listening to some songs I'm familiar with to get...

replies: 3 views: 314
shufflebeat 2 days ago

Morning slutz! I'd like your opinions about live vocal mic's for female soprano vocals (Beth Gibbons, Lisa Gerrard, Snead...

replies: 32 views: 1,137
mrufino1 2 days ago

Hi, Has anyone on here had any experience with Nova brand? NOVA - Welcome to the World of Professional Audio Systems - MADE...

replies: 0 views: 230
dickiefunk 2 days ago

I want to control each monitor (5) to each band member on my mix board and each have control of vol and effects so what piece of...

replies: 2 views: 246
shufflebeat 3 days ago

So, this is a question more geared towards people experienced working in metal/punk/certain rock genres etc where audiences show...

replies: 50 views: 1,631
S21 3 days ago

I’m trying to decide on a mixer for open mic night type events. I definitely want FX and a couple aux sends. I’m deciding...

replies: 1 views: 325
tribedescribe 4 days ago

Hi everyone. New to the forum. Hope you all are well. Ran a search both on Google and on the site here and was not able to find...

replies: 20 views: 468
Antt 4 days ago

Hello, I am looking for some active monitors for stage use. Is there anything out there worth while in the $200 range? I don't...

replies: 12 views: 737
wado1942 4 days ago

I'm a gigging solo musician, guitar/vocals playing 4-6 gigs a week. I've got pretty decent gear, backups for EVERYTHING, lol...

replies: 4 views: 359
planetnine 4 days ago

Hey all, I was working as a FOH technician in a show and the speakers started cracking during the third or fourth song without...

replies: 5 views: 345
Wyllys 4 days ago

My experience with using mics in a live environment is somewhat limited. Usually there is someone running the board of a house PA...

replies: 10 views: 404
hughshouse 5 days ago

Hello all, regular lurker on the GS forums here. I was wondering if y'all would help me out with a bit of knowledge. The time...

replies: 112 views: 75,901
Glenn Bucci 5 days ago

Hello, I work for a railroad in California and we are looking to update our PA system. It basically hasn't changed much in 10+...

replies: 21 views: 578
Schoeller 5 days ago

I've been using an old EV N/D767a for years, but it's wearing out. It's literally held together with glue now. So I'd like to...

replies: 0 views: 266
kyleknapp 6 days ago

Hello all, I just wanted to show off a fun little project I put together for live recording. All in all, this computer cost...

replies: 0 views: 304
wado1942 6 days ago

Hello everyone, best way to do this? YouTube I mean they record voice LIVE during video shooting, while they have music in...

replies: 0 views: 233
michelered 6 days ago

Hello there! I have a slight, basic power emergency -I've had a search through the posts and cant quite find the...

replies: 33 views: 592
Schoeller 6 days ago

I have an Apogee Duet II Macbook Pro 2011 (old laptop) w/ Logic Pro 9 Our band is leasing a small studio practice room and...

replies: 5 views: 364
littleeden 6 days ago

Anyone use LD Systems Dave 8 Roadie? I'm wondering how this would work for 3 vocalists and electric piano, mostly in church...

replies: 4 views: 446
mintaka007 6 days ago

Hello mindhive, I'm currently prepping for a short run with a band in an opening slot in arenas. For front of house I am...

replies: 6 views: 378
jetam 1 week ago

Hey everyone. I was wondering what you generally think of the Soundcraft MH2. I have the opportunity to buy one really really...

Reverence Audio
replies: 4 views: 171
jetam 1 week ago

Equipment list (I'm not looking for criticism here, our equipment is what it is): Mackie Profx Mixing Board dbs 223xs...

replies: 1 views: 332
wiredllama 1 week ago

Dipping my toes into the Dante waters.. I have a Yamaha TF Rack mixer and a Yamaha TF-1 mixer, both with the Dante NY64-D cards....

replies: 10 views: 996
theturtle32 1 week ago

I’ve always seemed to have this problem with Shure antennas. It’s difficult to have them set at their proper 45 degree angles...

replies: 8 views: 583
Dutchy15 1 week ago

Hi, I'm looking to connect a subwoofer to my system. The most common way to connect it is to DAC (audio interface) ->...

replies: 4 views: 337
yunie_ 1 week ago

I have a Hearback Hub that won't turn on. I've check cables and power supply and it should be turning on. I'm using a Cat5e cable...

replies: 1 views: 359
TriboroMusic 1 week ago

Hello, my brother gave me his EV ZLX-15P and Klipsch Sub-12HG. I want to be able to stream music via Chromecast Audio like as if...

replies: 4 views: 349
medic2342 1 week ago

Hello, I currently have this bass amp: Acoustic BN6210 600W I use it to mic my Tuba (with an SM57) for live performances, and...

replies: 15 views: 646
shufflebeat 1 week ago

Hi all I'm a guitarist, playing in a wedding / function band and have been tasked with sorting the PA. I'm reasonably savvy in...

replies: 9 views: 525
mtkolife 1 week ago

I have the opportunity to play a small dj set in a pub. The owner asks me to have an installation. Now i am wondering what is a...

replies: 7 views: 528
Samc 1 week ago

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search