The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Sub forums RSS Feed for Live Sound
Stage Lighting
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey hey! Just a quick note about what should and shouldn't go here - If you have a query/topic/thought about live RECORDING...

Whitecat
replies: 1 views: 36,011
Remoteness 7th October 2019

Hi everyone, I'm building a live sound arsenal and I've quite recently picked up 4x Sennheiser e835 mics, mainly to use as...

kingscotson
replies: 3 views: 210
kingscotson 1 hour ago

I would love for someone to explain some things in layman's terms. Assume I'm a good live sound engineer with everything wired. ...

SurfAndSound
replies: 7 views: 781
SurfAndSound 3 hours ago

My band is gearing up to get our In-ear setup going. After much cajoling I finally got everyone to agree to commit. Anyway, my...

Tahoebrian5
replies: 4 views: 323
Tahoebrian5 4 hours ago

Hi Everyone, I'm currently in the process of finding a new job. A large church has contacted me back and I'm expecting to be...

caseyleesharp
replies: 0 views: 119
caseyleesharp 4 hours ago

I’m in an Australian music duo and we’re looking into getting an in-ear monitoring system for live performance. My...

Emma Music
replies: 2 views: 212
Emma Music 9 hours ago

I recently purchased a SSL SiX and Helix LT. I'm trying to figure out the best way to utilize my live setup for solo shows. I'm...

xojjt222
replies: 21 views: 5,948
Dennisgallon 21 hours ago

Well, much to my surprise, my speculative order for the new Behringer P16I and P16M arrived yesterday. For those who don't know,...

ScoobyDoo555
replies: 98 views: 56,550
Tahoebrian5 22 hours ago

So there is a Christian womens ministry I do sound for 1 time a month and they went from having live music, to just singers with...

DownTheLine
replies: 23 views: 851
Samc 22 hours ago

I was wondering if you guys can help me out: I'm looking to buy a complete PA set to improve my acoustic performance and I'm...

Bexorcist
replies: 24 views: 533
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

New console, see the attached video for all the specs, no pricing yet but looks AMAZING. Has proper PRO series pre-amps and...

DGL
replies: 104 views: 12,551
JayTee4303 1 day ago

Hi I wanted to buy an amp to use with a dynamic microphone and an acoustic guitar (run through a multi effects processor). I...

Vhal
replies: 9 views: 352
DownTheLine 1 day ago

Hello all... prefacing my question by letting you know I'm a vocalist with very limited knowledge of sound engineering. I'll do...

RiverGirl728
replies: 7 views: 493
blue439 1 day ago

Hi I searched the forums and found answers to similar questions, but not exactly mine. I need to find a good mic for a cello,...

jwsuh99
replies: 52 views: 4,981
PeerSoe 1 day ago

question for anyone who knows much about micing flutes in a live setting... is there a standard flute microphone for live...

patrickw
replies: 20 views: 8,414
PeerSoe 1 day ago

Hi. In our cover band using regular foldback wedges there is a bit of a 'war' that goes on between myself playing keys and the...

Mavoz
replies: 7 views: 422
AlecSp 1 day ago

Anyone own (or demo) these? Where do these fit in quality wise? Comparing against the QSC K/KW offerings for a pop/soul band with...

markgam
replies: 42 views: 35,692
forrestaudio 2 days ago

In your opinion, is it reasonable to buy a used vi1 in good condition? As this console gets somehow affordable is it an...

davie
replies: 11 views: 1,834
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

Hello, I am helping out (volunteering) with the live sound for a grammar school play where a ~dozen kids are wearing wireless...

MusikMan74
replies: 2 views: 330
caseyleesharp 2 days ago

Hi folks, I'm here again writing to ask some advices on RCF stage monitors. I recently changed my PA and gone full RCF (TT25 and...

Metallica
replies: 9 views: 537
AC2SPL 2 days ago

I am considering to put together a live touring rig. I ve worked with mostly every digital desk on the market but i never had the...

superorko
replies: 40 views: 8,203
klanglokomotivet 2 days ago

Why are line array speakers so expensive?

SingerSongWriter
replies: 79 views: 2,142
Samc 2 days ago

Hi, I noticed that there are already threads talking about this, but those threads are long and I feel that my posts will get...

Gonebytim
replies: 29 views: 9,583
woodslanding 2 days ago

Hello all, & thanks for helping! I’m a full-time musician of many years, and the majority of my weekly gigs are acoustic...

tomplay
replies: 23 views: 1,228
Samc 3 days ago

Looking for some advice to help my wife out. She has been having problems for the last year or so blowing her voice out singing...

Tahoebrian5
replies: 63 views: 2,233
DownTheLine 3 days ago

Anybody have an idea of the mics they're using on the piano. Looks like some kind of condenser with a swiveling head -- not Blue.

blue439
replies: 2 views: 646
blue439 3 days ago

Hello guys! I have just started a band about a year ago and we have had a couple a gigs since then. We are completely amp...

jallejulius
replies: 3 views: 483
AC2SPL 4 days ago

Hello, we are considering adding remote I/O to our DiGiCo S21 by add a DMI3232 plugin card and two A168 stage boxes. Does...

le.chris
replies: 2 views: 507
Al2019 5 days ago

My vocal setup currently is: mic -> mic preamp -> guitar reverb pedal (incredible sounding reverb, musically necessary,...

foul_owl
replies: 5 views: 552
foul_owl 5 days ago

Im hoping someone can give me some ideas. Currently running an x32 board (only using 16 channels) for live sounds at a church. Im...

Thearch
replies: 44 views: 927
mrufino1 5 days ago

I have decided that I want to go to college for live sound, but I don't know which college to go to. where did you go to college?...

Josh Z
replies: 22 views: 1,247
Robert Stokes 6 days ago

Hi guys I'm an happy X32 user but I'm thinking to level up my hardware for a better live sound quality. For this reason It's a...

Fede il biondo
replies: 35 views: 1,818
AC2SPL 6 days ago

Not sure if I should consider an omni or cardioid? It will be a mic that the band gathers around during harmonies. I've heard...

kr1012
replies: 56 views: 9,706
deedeeyeah 6 days ago

Has anyone used these Milan speakers? Can you compare them to similar priced powered subs? 134db spl is awfully high for...

vaidol
replies: 4 views: 6,662
DJInTheAM 1 week ago

Last weekend I mixed a show where the band had two singers. One had a standart cord-shure sm58 and the other one had a...

andrewstevens
replies: 2 views: 371
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

As the title says i need some monitoring equipment for my casio mzx500. I have always had the problem that i cant hear myself...

cyperplayer
replies: 4 views: 312
nedorama 1 week ago

Hi there. Hope someone can help. I sing in band consisting of keys, guitar, bass and live drums. I’ve encountered situations...

Hutchball
replies: 0 views: 273
Hutchball 1 week ago

Hi. Now this is a little out of subject but I guess u live boys n girls are more likely to be able to have some knowledge on...

Zebra_PD
replies: 3 views: 282
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Hi all. Looking for some good advice :) We are both getting a bit older and are looking to downsize/downweight our rig. We had a...

Kickback
replies: 32 views: 12,066
hughshouse 1 week ago

Hi friends! I've been working on a little web resource that centralizes venue details to help with advancing tours. Content...

elgrillo
replies: 10 views: 606
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

I currently have the 425 Shure in ears. They are ok, but with really missing playing with a real amp (since most worship bands...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 2 views: 329
mrufino1 1 week ago

Would there be significant downside to each band members having the same monitor mix in their in-ear monitors (and it being the...

ds11
replies: 40 views: 1,490
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Its a bit of a research question- What PA would you use to cater for 100-350 people the easiest setup but also the best thump in...

gsc1ugs
replies: 16 views: 1,024
Samc 1 week ago

Hi everyone, I have a ‘Roland Street Cube EX’ amp that I use for live performance (vocals, guitar, backing tracks). I also...

Emma Music
replies: 2 views: 385
Emma Music 1 week ago

Has this ever been done before? I know most people would keep their BCM locked up in a studio and never move it. In any case,...

sunman
replies: 0 views: 282
sunman 1 week ago

I had recently upgraded my small venue speakers from Yamaha DSR12 to RCF NX45-A. (Yes, they sound way better.) I also had to add...

RawDepth
replies: 17 views: 1,031
RawDepth 1 week ago

So, been running not for profit events as a kind of "hobby" or act of civic engagement for a while, and so I have a lot...

badsearcher
replies: 1 views: 1,244
shrigg 1 week ago

So I am a drummer who makes synth music. Currently im a recording project but I plan to play live. EVERY live gig Ive ever had...

Paistemage
replies: 2 views: 417
Paistemage 1 week ago

Hey all, I'm trying to get one of our taprooms outfitted with a wireless mic for private events. Littered throughout the space...

cfraser
replies: 2 views: 351
cfraser 1 week ago

Hi there, I'm looking into buying a micmute and am thinking either the Whirlwind Micmute PP or the Rolls ms 111. As far as...

Mathusela
replies: 6 views: 1,816
Seann 1 week ago

Anyone know what mic this is? Sounds pretty good. clipped onto his jacket...

allen3
replies: 3 views: 538
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search