The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sub forums RSS Feed for Live Sound
Stage Lighting
Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey hey! Just a quick note about what should and shouldn't go here - If you have a query/topic/thought about live RECORDING...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 28,651
Whitecat 12th December 2012

so I all my life I thought that gain on mic channel is input gain / trim / drive / pre level and master level is just post...

TS-12
replies: 2 views: 52
fabelle 1 hour ago

I can afford either one, which one will sound best for live band recordings?

G34RSLU7
replies: 1 views: 161
S21 1 hour ago

I order a shure slx4 reciever and sennhesier ew300 g3 iem system in ebay and I found that all two power supply did not match the...

tommyvca
replies: 2 views: 261
tommyvca 3 hours ago

I'm a solo singer-songwriter and I'm planning my gear to live performances. Back in the day, I did some gigs with a friend...

agraciotti
replies: 3 views: 341
agraciotti 4 hours ago

Does anyone know how to go about troubleshooting a channel strip on a powered mixer? Channels 4 and 5 don’t work. One of...

rattice
replies: 2 views: 281
dethbyoogabooga 12 hours ago

Today I've been simulating different speaker-setups with EASE Focus (see pic attached). Both setups have a CSA-system in the...

Christof
replies: 15 views: 701
Christof 22 hours ago

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or preferences for what kind of monitors they use when doing their...

robmoles
replies: 3 views: 280
robmoles 1 day ago

Hello! Somebody tried this sound system (Harmonic Design - 2x HLS24, 2x infra218, 1x Powersoft X4)! How it sounds compared...

Ionut
replies: 1 views: 267
Bratwurst 1 day ago

I know there have been similar threads on this topic, but a lot of them seem to relate to clicks for drummers, and things that...

directmonitor
replies: 4 views: 370
kochobass 1 day ago

Hi all, I could use some advice with putting together a setup for home practice/jamming. It's for my sister not myself. I have...

Eclef
replies: 2 views: 306
Christof 1 day ago

Anyone doing it.. i want to trigger changes on my board from my playback rig.. struggling to find a solution that doesnt involve...

THE_NIK
replies: 17 views: 393
THE_NIK 1 day ago

I need speaker cables - strictly for sub cabinets, no bi-amping. I'm new to using speakon plugs/jacks and just discovered the...

bvdd
replies: 9 views: 341
S21 2 days ago

Hey all, I need some good advice. I’m a vocalist and I’ve played with my chain a bunch and I don’t know what I’m...

Joshuason07
replies: 7 views: 550
grannis 2 days ago

Hello, I am looking for a solution, a software based digital mixer. The main goal is to teach students to use digital mixers. I...

juanmar5
replies: 18 views: 580
2manyrocks 3 days ago

I inherited a system that is now giving me a problem. My experience is in computers and video and not sound boards. We have an...

JohnB7
replies: 3 views: 359
MediaGary 3 days ago

Looking for some advice what power amp would match perfectly for use with the QRX218 Compact Dual 18" Subwoofer High...

Guitarfinch
replies: 10 views: 383
Guitarfinch 3 days ago

Howdy Gear folks, I've been going nuts trying to identify an old Marshall Bass reflex cabinet. It looks like a subwoofer, but...

ipbrjt3
replies: 3 views: 3,212
ipbrjt3 3 days ago

I came across the spec for the Alto Black 15" Sub It sounded very interesting and certainly worth checking out (Im...

andyp13
replies: 12 views: 1,213
Wyllys 3 days ago

Hi guys, this is my first post here. And I think its a pretty straightforward question that a lot of you with way more knowledge...

corsyadid
replies: 13 views: 7,432
Wyllys 3 days ago

Hi Friends, in live sound application we sometimes do larger venues and want to split the Mixer XLR L/R outputs - going from 1...

lane thaw
replies: 1 views: 248
Wyllys 4 days ago

Which Frequency band should i buy for use primarily in UK and ireland with some european use. Is 863-865 still the most current...

THE_NIK
replies: 0 views: 233
THE_NIK 4 days ago

Replacing speakers for a contemporary church service with new ones. We will have 2-3 vocals, piano, acoustic guitar, elec....

landonsalman1
replies: 14 views: 444
Pro Sound Guy 4 days ago

We're a rock band with a female singer. She's using a Shure 87A or a Shure 58. She prefers 87A slightly. Now we're relatively...

brk303
replies: 59 views: 1,086
Bushman 4 days ago

Hi, Has anyone tried any of the new EV ND series mics? Electro-Voice on Mobile I'm looking to add a couple more mics to...

dickiefunk
replies: 25 views: 7,163
kyhoops 5 days ago

Recently purchased (2) EV elx200-18sp and (2) EV ekx12p. Im using them with a soundcraft fx16 mixer, two xlrs out of the main mix...

Steen4766
replies: 7 views: 710
deedeeyeah 5 days ago

Hi folks, I'd be most grateful if anyone can give me some good discussion on a topic I've never really applied myself to, despite...

StoneyBCN
replies: 7 views: 411
shufflebeat 5 days ago

Hi all. I'm in an electronic music project that when we play live, has live synths and vocals performed over a backing track....

directmonitor
replies: 9 views: 863
grannis 6 days ago

I'm quite a fan of the Yamaha DXR and DSR series, I have a small system of 3x DSR118s, 2x DSR12s and 4x (or mostly 2x)...

butter
replies: 20 views: 1,528
dazclucas 6 days ago

Does anyone have good recommendations for live sound mixing training? I’m looking for something like MixWithTheMasters.com...

hsk
replies: 9 views: 695
maxiestudies 6 days ago

Purchased in 2017 for $300, similar ones were going for twice that. Coupla iffy XLR channel inputs, wiggle induced...

JayTee4303
replies: 5 views: 637
Aisle 6 6 days ago

Good afternoon. My subwoofers have a built-in passive xover, but I'm running an active xover from my pc. Passive xover continue...

Doclad
replies: 7 views: 580
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Good afternoon you lovely forum people! I have an issue with when it comes to saving and editing snapshots with timecodes on a...

uSound Music
replies: 5 views: 344
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Hi all, I have a Senn SK250 / EK 3041 pair in the 600 MHz range affected by the frequency sell off. I’ve heard they can be...

rwsand
replies: 8 views: 623
Al2019 1 week ago

Im looking to find some subs that will play nice with two EV TX2152 (other than TX2181). It's a small 32' x 64' club with the...

ksmith
replies: 0 views: 253
ksmith 1 week ago

I know you guys probably get this a lot, but wanting some advice. Posted a few days ago about evaluating the sound system at my...

landonsalman1
replies: 1 views: 388
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

I have 5 power amps all 800 watts each. and i have a spirit power station. i struggle to get the levels up to the levels of my...

shawnp
replies: 4 views: 465
dethbyoogabooga 1 week ago

Hey guys I am an A2 who rarely does livesound (mostly recording for TV) and am asking for a friend who is a lyricist and whose...

pcmsoundluva
replies: 7 views: 569
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

So I'm starting a new position at a church where we are wanting to upgrade the equipment. One of my first things to do is to...

landonsalman1
replies: 28 views: 796
FLZapped 1 week ago

3:) new compact digital console Soundcraft Si IMPACT B-) Best Groover

Grooveman
replies: 186 views: 57,792
Christof 1 week ago

do you need a power amp for non powered monitors and mains when using the new wireless, wifi PA systems out there now, like...

jimmyruss
replies: 3 views: 396
Wyllys 1 week ago

Hi there. I've been put in charge of upgrading my mobile church's PA. We're currently on some Alto TS115's with a couple of...

jmo1112
replies: 10 views: 697
kodebode 1 week ago

Hello everyone, I hope this is the correct subforum for this question, if not, I apologize in advance. My birthday is coming...

Schaine
replies: 5 views: 496
OneEng 1 week ago

Just did a REALLY bad gig tonight and need you to share some of your horror stories in order to make me feel better. Shoot!

Dudevico
replies: 130 views: 22,465
frans 1 week ago

I'm just looking for people to share stories of dealing with jerks/grumps and other forms of ridiculousness at gigs. At a recent...

bambamboom
replies: 273 views: 16,251
Samc 1 week ago

Hello, Been a bit puzzled by this...I made this 18V phantom power supply: ...

SilentSound
replies: 4 views: 357
SilentSound 1 week ago

I've had trouble gain staging with my vocal pedal for years. On new TC mic mechanic pedals, they have automatic gain detection,...

Musickiks
replies: 7 views: 1,195
Wyllys 1 week ago

So I really don't know what the deal was but here is the setup: Decided wanted to split a club event layout over two...

ninjagaijin
replies: 0 views: 272
ninjagaijin 1 week ago

Hi all, I love music, but am not really musically inclined. four of my friends are in a band and I am trying to help them...

mike1974
replies: 3 views: 330
mike1974 1 week ago

what's the most basic setup I would need that will allow me to be a Live one-man band? I've been reading about midi sequencers,...

tomana
replies: 16 views: 20,562
hughshouse 1 week ago

Hi, I play electric violin in a metal band, and I run the violin through an LR Baggs EQ box to the PA. In order to hear myself...

rak128
replies: 7 views: 2,346
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search