The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sub forums RSS Feed for Live Sound
Stage Lighting
Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey hey! Just a quick note about what should and shouldn't go here - If you have a query/topic/thought about live RECORDING...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 27,458
Whitecat 12th December 2012

When we play small gigs without a sound guy, I use a small mixer with our FBT powered FOH speakers. I tend to have the...

grannis
replies: 38 views: 859
Samc 6 hours ago

Hey everyone, Over the last year or two I've been having a very strange problem on stage when playing in small bars/clubs....

yungbuck
replies: 31 views: 741
Wyllys 7 hours ago

Hi all, Just curious if anyone can recommend or has any knowledge of what mics were being used in the 70s/80s for vocals. I'm...

StevieD009
replies: 20 views: 623
shufflebeat 10 hours ago

Hi For an art installation, I want to fill a space with fog. I was wondering what the effects on the speakers will be: can...

Thinksamuel
replies: 3 views: 278
Thomas W. Bethe 16 hours ago

Ok heres the Dilemna: Outdoor Teakee bar and restaurant is located across about 1/4 mile across water from very expensive...

StarfishMusic
replies: 26 views: 37,879
Roland 19 hours ago

I am a mobile DJ who primarily does weddings on the weekends. I recently picked up a Fender Passport Event to use at venues where...

Clovis Point
replies: 3 views: 274
mojo filters 19 hours ago

Hi i have a lake LM44 and im struggling with the basics I cant make sense of the manual. Its all very unclear can anyone give me...

THE_NIK
replies: 2 views: 209
Roland 19 hours ago

I just completed 2 gigs for an organization that streams live video with a panel of speakers. There were up to 8 panelists using...

mikekay
replies: 9 views: 274
Roland 19 hours ago

I am in search for a good practical backpack. It must have: -a laptop compartment (not for a Macbook, i have a Panasonic CF-20...

Derick
replies: 17 views: 568
teamsterjim 1 day ago

Hi all. I'm in an electronic music project that when we play live, has live synths and vocals performed over a backing track....

directmonitor
replies: 0 views: 169
directmonitor 1 day ago

Good Morning Male singer here with loud voice. I am currently using a wireless EV N/D 767A which I've had for about 10 years....

rdamato
replies: 0 views: 167
rdamato 1 day ago

Hi, We use backing tracks having the click track on the left channel and the orchestral stuff on the right channel. So far,...

Ulfheden
replies: 14 views: 539
shufflebeat 1 day ago

Hi everyone! New member here. I'm a music teacher at a international high school and I'm looking for the best way to mic our...

bebopmanbeard
replies: 3 views: 222
2manyrocks 2 days ago

Hi, I have a Røde NT1 in my home studio which I simply love for my own voice and the songs I sing: a dark voice and very...

Per Burstrom
replies: 0 views: 195
Per Burstrom 2 days ago

I've played a couple gigs both with a band and with my solo project, but somehow I've never had this question answered. I often...

kxbooks
replies: 18 views: 716
Samc 2 days ago

Why are outdoor venues mixed sooooooo bottom heavy, inaudible vocals. I live in upstate ny and was at Saratoga to see SteelyDan,...

kgveteran
replies: 452 views: 28,108
bluestu 3 days ago

I bought a PA system for my band to use at small venues: Mackie Profx12 board 2 Seismic Audio 155T dual 15" w titanium...

Colorbarn
replies: 21 views: 1,188
shufflebeat 3 days ago

Our bar band is looking at a digital mixer and this model fits better than the rest due to the HTML5 platform, that it's not ipad...

slavetothegrind
replies: 2,616 views: 387,702
maphill 3 days ago

Hi! I'm looking for recommendations of gear to move into a tablet-controller mixer for live sound for a blues/rock band. ...

Joel Rutledge
replies: 130 views: 4,236
Samc 3 days ago

Hey there, I'm a solo artist ( I play guitar and sing on stage). I'm looking for a way to add some very, very sparse backing...

LosFelizGirl
replies: 4 views: 287
deedeeyeah 3 days ago

Hey all, I'm working at church doing AV and I came across some AKG DSR800's along with their respective transmitters: Four...

Andre.Gower
replies: 2 views: 251
Andre.Gower 4 days ago

Hey all, it seems like there’s a shortage of streamlined solutions to communicate signal from a mixer to an active loudspeaker...

badsearcher
replies: 31 views: 2,989
Danny Troy 6 days ago

Hi, I crossed over from analogue to the the digital XR18 for a two piece live vocal setup using tracks from my MacBook Pro, now...

dbrad
replies: 0 views: 236
dbrad 6 days ago

I do a lot of musical theatre with lots of radio mics and a radio mic assistant back stage, but communications between FOH and...

Dog Boots
replies: 20 views: 1,337
S21 6 days ago

Hi guys! I m searching for small footprint console in the 15k prince range and the new cadac cdc5 series looks very...

mrc
replies: 5 views: 426
azlan121 1 week ago

Hi Guys Just wondering if anyone out there has successfully used a column PA system such as the Bose L1, RCF Evox, HK Elements...

Barney1981
replies: 1 views: 339
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

So, I know the Sennheiser EW 100 G3 has, please correct me if I'm wrong, an all analog signal chain. It's digitally controlled...

badsearcher
replies: 8 views: 399
jetam 1 week ago

Hi there, I've been mixing studio and live for some time now and in recent years, some manufacturers started to implement RTA...

kirky
replies: 137 views: 2,985
S21 1 week ago

Hi, I’m looking to upgrade my Shure SE215’s + custom molded sleeves. I’ve found the SE215’s whilst very good for the...

dickiefunk
replies: 6 views: 659
wrenc 1 week ago

I'm getting married in less than a month. I'd like to set up the outdoor ceremony site in-the-round - four quadrants of a...

mmumme
replies: 14 views: 568
Samc 1 week ago

M32, live gig, capturing audio tracks via the USB port. Snare sounds fine thru the mains, but the audio track hard clips every...

JayTee4303
replies: 8 views: 570
JayTee4303 1 week ago

Hello, I have noticed issue in Avid E6L which does not initialize smoothly. After power cycle its status and system LED's...

makaudio
replies: 0 views: 264
makaudio 1 week ago

Hello, I'm new to forum and looking for some advice on live sound PA equipment. I am finalizing a gear list for a small bar PA,...

rdetlefsen
replies: 32 views: 12,216
teamsterjim 1 week ago

Hello, I am going to be the sound engineer for a group of musicians (approx. 14) this summer and want to take some time to study...

Josh Z
replies: 13 views: 1,154
mojo filters 1 week ago

Hi, Has anyone on here had any experience with Nova brand? NOVA - Welcome to the World of Professional Audio Systems - MADE...

dickiefunk
replies: 2 views: 659
5string4U 1 week ago

I am intrigued by Meyer Sound Constellation and have loved my M7 for three years. Although the complexity (custom design, many...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 12 views: 686
StevenLMorgan 1 week ago

After reading the musings of a lot of people regarding this mic and watching several promo videos, I'm left scratching my head...

Samc
replies: 42 views: 1,345
Samc 1 week ago

Haven't been able to find any info/reviews on these. $99 for a Beyer drum mic with a clamp included? Sennheiser wants $140 for...

NS3474
replies: 9 views: 3,937
Bluegreg 1 week ago

On behalf of a friend - and in relation to liturgical worship music (Byzantine Chant), if you could please share some valuable...

Petros
replies: 2 views: 353
Wyllys 1 week ago

I hope this is not too off-topic. I wanted to post something that occurred in a certain theme park a few decades ago. One of...

OliverOctave
replies: 2 views: 468
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Getting ready to buy a new board for my kids band. I'm just a dad faking it as a sound guy. We've been using a older Presonus...

Brian Gregory
replies: 1 views: 342
hughshouse 1 week ago

Dear Sound techs, Do you have a standard SPL (at the audience) that you try to achieve? (e.g. 90dbA jazz / folk etc.. 100dbA for...

Dano Clam
replies: 3 views: 403
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Hello all, I have an event coming up where I'm stuck using an older system I have no experience with (hooray). I am trying to...

AVAM
replies: 3 views: 400
jfpenkala 1 week ago

Good Day Fellow Slutz I am looking for opinions into a forray into getting a PA for gigging in small venues and have tried to...

Barney1981
replies: 0 views: 282
Barney1981 1 week ago

I am more interested in the pro's who do this for their income. Quality gear is not cheap and it takes a lot of money to not only...

Telecruiser
replies: 24 views: 935
Samc 1 week ago

Hi! Does anyone know how to have a vocal distortion effect in a live context, more specifically in a live performance? I was...

Bbhmm
replies: 9 views: 577
kirkus 2 weeks ago

Hi boys, somebody with reallife expirience with these stuff. I mean other than the lab clones witch we all know. Line arrays,...

Vaso_bobinata
replies: 1 views: 375
mojo filters 2 weeks ago

OK OK hear me out— I've been doing a ton of digging to get to the bottom of the EXACTchain they're using for Kevin's vocal...

eljohnny22
replies: 5 views: 1,083
tubezipper 2 weeks ago

I have a Behringer Xenyx QX-2442 mixer, which does what I want it to, but I can't seem to find any information that it is or is...

gadeuvall2000
replies: 4 views: 358
Wyllys 2 weeks ago

Hi, In search for an absolute great sound for an event. Really want the best quality. Funktion one seems to be praised a lot....

datafeist
replies: 12 views: 756
mojo filters 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search