The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Sub forums RSS Feed for Live Sound
Stage Lighting
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey hey! Just a quick note about what should and shouldn't go here - If you have a query/topic/thought about live RECORDING...

Whitecat
replies: 1 views: 32,633
Remoteness 1 week ago

I'm TD in a theater , we have active front fills to cover certain areas , some are a little above head height (can't put them...

fokof
replies: 0 views: 24
fokof 32 minutes ago

besides other work, i'm regularly mixing a few shows on an annual jazz fesival or assist guest engineers or do monitors for...

deedeeyeah
replies: 66 views: 3,053
Thomas W. Bethe 1 hour ago

I'm surprised nobody here is discussing this new console from A&H. Based on the price and features this is a more exciting...

Samc
replies: 5 views: 196
hughshouse 2 hours ago

Hi I've had my EP2500 for nearly ten years. I'm using it for driving four 15" subs (8ohm x two into each channel = 4ohm...

Nordo
replies: 4 views: 141
Mike M 2 hours ago

did anyone get to try the new midas heritage digital desk? i hear a few desks have been on tour for beta testing for some time...

deedeeyeah
replies: 50 views: 7,760
deedeeyeah 5 hours ago

I am looking to improve my pa setup. Looking through the enormity of options at various price points I really find myself...

floomby
replies: 2 views: 137
Pro Sound Guy 13 hours ago

I saw and used this console for the first time this past weekend...it is hands-down the most convoluted and ass-backwards console...

Samc
replies: 15 views: 399
Samc 17 hours ago

Hey! Finally I want to run some VSTs (mostly Airwindows plugins) for live performances. Before investing in WSG and other...

Tomas Ve
replies: 3 views: 159
Bratwurst 18 hours ago

Hello! I have a very noobie question for you. I am wondering if I go out L and R of my Traktor (RCA) into an analog mixer THEN...

Jakeshep
replies: 4 views: 225
Jakeshep 22 hours ago

Hi! My band have a gig coming and it will be the first time where we will use a dual subwoofer setup. In total, we will...

jallejulius
replies: 62 views: 1,752
mdc 1 day ago

Hey Yall! I am looking to buy a vocal effects processor for live gigs with limited PA/no FOH engineer. Everyone seems to...

Ejke
replies: 3 views: 177
AlecSp 1 day ago

Hello, I have a couple of questions about the Yamaha MG12XU and Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 inputs and outputs. On the Yamaha...

martinhwk
replies: 1 views: 157
Danyloo 1 day ago

I have read quite a few posts on the topic but still not sure about the culprit. Keeping it short: Drummer in loungeprogmetal...

JohnRick
replies: 29 views: 644
JohnRick 2 days ago

Hey guys, I'm in no way a live sound engineer. I'm mostly a musician. My band is playing Josua Tree Festival tomorrow and we...

bluelaser
replies: 6 views: 301
DGL 2 days ago

Anyone have useful experience with wireless PA speaker links? I'm looking at the Klark Teknik DW 20 and the Denon DN 202...

OldChico
replies: 1 views: 263
MIKEHARRIS 2 days ago

Hi, After a happy relationship with a Soundcraft UI16 I decided to buy the new UI24R as it promised a number of features not...

irvined
replies: 95 views: 27,847
Aki H. 2 days ago

Needing a Battery Powered easily portable PA for busking. Would like some oomph on the low end if possible as I'm triggering...

orangefridge
replies: 1 views: 268
Thomas W. Bethe 3 days ago

i'm working on an electronic band project where drums are produced by drummers using drum pads and half the basses produced by...

soulgolem
replies: 9 views: 340
soulgolem 3 days ago

As the title suggests, I'm hoping you all will share your methods for dealing with plosives. It's one of those areas where most...

Jason Valentine
replies: 35 views: 1,278
Jason Valentine 3 days ago

Hi, I have no access to these speakers to try them out so could anyone advise how much of a difference in sound quality there...

pjowsky
replies: 2 views: 290
pjowsky 3 days ago

Hey all, Does anyone have any idea how its best to wash these mics? The omni version you can swirl around in dionized water,...

alex marsh
replies: 0 views: 271
alex marsh 3 days ago

Hi there. long time GS reader, first time poster in a time of need. WARNING: I know enough about live sound/power to know...

gigawhattt
replies: 18 views: 524
Samc 4 days ago

Hi everyone, just joined because I have some doubts about how to setup a simple private rehearsal room. Let me explain: me and...

Prosny
replies: 28 views: 1,054
Prosny 5 days ago

I have a show next week and the band wants to bring there x32 show file. We have a x32 compact and I want to make sure his file...

jammate
replies: 2 views: 302
jetam 5 days ago

I’m looking for a power amp with similar specs to a Crown K2 but in a single rack space form factor. In the end the most...

optofonik
replies: 4 views: 352
optofonik 5 days ago

I realize this has been asked before, but with the changing technology and my specific situation, I was hoping to get some advice...

oscillate_this
replies: 20 views: 40,438
admana 5 days ago

There’s so much hype about QSC K-series, but I was never completely satisfied with them. I’ve used them quite a few times...

TS-12
replies: 1 views: 359
AC2SPL 5 days ago

I have two band projects. One is a full five piece band that does 80s rock music. The other is an acoustic Trio. 3 vocals and two...

1960lespaul
replies: 56 views: 5,296
AlecSp 6 days ago

Long story short. I've used EAW La 215 with qsc power amps for years for my live rock cover band. Everything sounds great. But...

sleshnyc
replies: 10 views: 959
TS-12 6 days ago

Hi I have recently acquired a Mackie Thump 12 BST speaker. I've got an issue that it has a low level digital sounding self...

daveparker
replies: 1 views: 250
Danyloo 6 days ago

anyone got some experience/is familiar with the turbosound flashline mini (tfs-550h and tfs-550l) line array? would be interested...

deedeeyeah
replies: 17 views: 1,760
deedeeyeah 6 days ago

Would 1 x QSC KW181 sub be enough for an event hosting 250-300 people? i have a pair of Yamaha DXR 15's i use as tops. I was...

Robot Future Man
replies: 2 views: 315
Pro Sound Guy 1 week ago

hi guys, sorry for the long post... I have some questions and I just cant find the answers... I'm going to tour with my band, in...

Hodisis
replies: 0 views: 276
Hodisis 1 week ago

This is a placeholder for further opinions which I will add and other are most welcome to join in the discussion. I have very...

kodebode
replies: 24 views: 9,673
MacGyverGear 1 week ago

An article from SOS about how and why some live mixers choose the vocal microphones they...

Samc
replies: 0 views: 313
Samc 1 week ago

This mourning I was trying to find a way to run the SD9 offline editor on mac, and it worked! Like a charm! At this moment I'm...

Jordi V.
replies: 35 views: 16,892
kriztian79 1 week ago

Just wanted to know from people who've used em what the difference was? How much better is the sd... A new sd 5 system is the...

gearmaniac
replies: 6 views: 1,131
jetam 1 week ago

I've never played out with keyboard and backing tracks but I am in charge of both in this current project. My buddy plays...

venv
replies: 1 views: 216
DomiBabi 1 week ago

Why are outdoor venues mixed sooooooo bottom heavy, inaudible vocals. I live in upstate ny and was at Saratoga to see SteelyDan,...

kgveteran
replies: 564 views: 39,702
kgveteran 1 week ago

what happen when we do this?

piicallo
replies: 8 views: 524
shufflebeat 1 week ago

I have Iems for some tenors. I went away from wedges because to volume they wanted on stage was silly I mean really silly for an...

THE_NIK
replies: 5 views: 363
wheelandbrothers 1 week ago

hi, news from Soundcraft: Vi3000 digital mixing console. More: Soundcraft Vi3000 | digital live sound console Soundcraft Home...

Grooveman
replies: 19 views: 7,381
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

I'm not sure whether this is the correct forum for this question so if it's not apologies and please redirect me to the correct...

nimasan
replies: 8 views: 832
DistortingJack 1 week ago

We have a lot of stereo backing tracks without clicks, since we don't have a drummer, just 2 singers a keyboard player and a...

giorgioblues
replies: 17 views: 16,843
admana 1 week ago

I work for an artist (comedian) who's putting together a live show. We have this idea to loop his characters on video and...

wonderlover
replies: 1 views: 269
jetam 1 week ago

Hi, Who can tell me which Soundcraft Analogue console would be considered the "Flagship" of Soundcrafts consoles ?

Mikkolos
replies: 5 views: 431
jetam 1 week ago

Hi all, I’m very new to this whole sound system thing, but I’ve bought myself the following, A pioneer gmd9061 amp, giving...

Harvey788
replies: 1 views: 333
Pro Sound Guy 1 week ago

Hey, I'm setting up a street performance for a artist in Illinois. The city noise ordinance says "sound should not be heard...

HonaCostello
replies: 6 views: 391
Samc 1 week ago

In a basement, I've found 4 old DIY subwoofer. On the front, they all had these metal plates. Subwoofers are not JBL by any...

Danyloo
replies: 5 views: 302
Danyloo 1 week ago

Howdy, I am just wondering if anybody has had problems like me with Yamaha DXR8 mkii busting the input Jack when connecting to...

soundknight21
replies: 8 views: 363
soundknight21 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search