The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sub forums RSS Feed for Live Sound
Stage Lighting
Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey hey! Just a quick note about what should and shouldn't go here - If you have a query/topic/thought about live RECORDING...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 27,849
Whitecat 12th December 2012

Hi all, 5 piece band. 2 guitars, bass, drums and singer (& backing vocals). Our normal sound guy has done a runner and while...

Slashby
replies: 2 views: 249
shufflebeat 1 hour ago

Hi! We had a performance yesterday, Opera, soloists and choir. Pro soloists all with wireless earset, amateur choir with 6 out...

G-Sun
replies: 9 views: 233
Wyllys 2 hours ago

Hi everyone, I am looking for recommendations for a solution to having backing tracks playing for live use. Currently I use my...

chheww
replies: 0 views: 48
chheww 2 hours ago

Hi received tech spec from band and they have requested 330 ms Delay, 80/100 feedback level and 8/10 hall reverb. I’m...

Sloman
replies: 0 views: 53
Sloman 2 hours ago

The title of my post may be misleading...I am not actually asking about how best to mic a guitar cab for live. I use Impulse...

grannis
replies: 0 views: 52
grannis 3 hours ago

Hi, first post. I'm in an acoustic three piece band and I've got the itch to upgrade my speakers. I use a Soundcraft EFX12...

circumstances
replies: 3 views: 171
circumstances 3 hours ago

Hey everyone.... looking for thoughts on the best small format FOH speakers. I specialize in one van one engineer systems. All...

Randallsriley
replies: 46 views: 4,051
jfpenkala 3 hours ago

Hello, So I'd like to improve my singer's sound, and since he's not interested in gear here I am. He's currently using a Shure...

Hatov
replies: 9 views: 277
Hatov 5 hours ago

Hi! I'm looking for recommendations of gear to move into a tablet-controller mixer for live sound for a blues/rock band. ...

Joel Rutledge
replies: 157 views: 5,939
hughshouse 6 hours ago

Why are outdoor venues mixed sooooooo bottom heavy, inaudible vocals. I live in upstate ny and was at Saratoga to see SteelyDan,...

kgveteran
replies: 490 views: 30,207
Samc 7 hours ago

I am a one man. Anyway i want to play out but i have not idea what is better. I want to use my Surface pro 4 to run the tracks...

spektor
replies: 4 views: 181
spektor 13 hours ago

I am considering the pro's and cons of the Soundcraft Ui16 or the Behringer X Air XR18 (the latter is looking more favourable at...

Vitruvius
replies: 16 views: 8,120
IronFilm 18 hours ago

Hi New to this forum. I'm a professional clarinet and sax player, with pretty limited technical knowledge from a sound...

warden91
replies: 1 views: 126
deedeeyeah 18 hours ago

Quick background: My setup involves a QSC Touchmix 8 feeding signal, via an auxiliary channel, to a RCF SUB 702-ASII (a 12...

badsearcher
replies: 34 views: 557
Samc 19 hours ago

I’ve been using the mic for the past few days because the band I’m working with has two of them for the lead and backing...

Samc
replies: 67 views: 3,361
Samc 1 day ago

The SQ-5 is Priced at $4600 (aud) SQ-5 - Allen & Heath The QU-16 is priced at $2200 (aud) Qu-16 - Rackmountable Digital...

kyborg
replies: 26 views: 957
loujudson 1 day ago

Well, that sounded weird..... Anyways, I run sound AND I sing. I can eq the other 2 but any tips on how to eq myself? ...

opusthe2nd
replies: 4 views: 225
12ax7 2 days ago

Hello guys! First, congratulate for this forum! For me, it is very important to be able to read and learn a little each...

srm1
replies: 0 views: 2
srm1 2 days ago

new bass player shows up with no amp ,just his bass and a chord ? Wants to plug direct into the board is this ok? I know its not...

lovebumper
replies: 11 views: 3,938
StrickenChicken 2 days ago

I have carvin 15" 3-way speakers 400 watt, have played them for many years for dj & karaoke countless times, they work...

GOTTA GEAR
replies: 10 views: 554
OneEng 2 days ago

I know there's lots of posts about this but I figured I'd ask for some advice since every situation is different. I'm located...

CabinKid
replies: 14 views: 760
Mike M 2 days ago

This sounds (get it) serious to me. I hope they can find a safe and peaceful resolution. Hostage Negotiations with Sound Guy...

Telecruiser
replies: 0 views: 235
Telecruiser 2 days ago

Hi, For a few years now, I've been using teo Studiomaster Drive 15A 320W speakers with a Studiomaster Club XS 8 passive mixing...

Gary147
replies: 9 views: 567
Wyllys 2 days ago

I want to make sure my signal path's impedance is properly matched. I need to run various sources, mic/line/instrument, through a...

optofonik
replies: 4 views: 232
optofonik 2 days ago

Hi all, I realize this topic has been explored quite a bit here, but hoping for some advice for my specific needs. I am an...

StevieD009
replies: 90 views: 2,436
Samc 3 days ago

Hi, I’m working on some live sets using an Akai MPC and a Dave Smith Tempest. Would there be any issues using a single...

sp1200
replies: 6 views: 221
sp1200 3 days ago

Hi all, Just curious if anyone can recommend or has any knowledge of what mics were being used in the 70s/80s for vocals. I'm...

StevieD009
replies: 34 views: 1,372
samuraisoundman 3 days ago

Hello everyone, I have a coffee shop with a small setup like this: -Yamaha MG06 (simple mixer which outputs XLR L and R) -2x...

ramgz
replies: 18 views: 551
ramgz 4 days ago

If anyone out there with experience in getting ASCAP/BMI/SESAC licenses for small intermittent venues could comment on this....

norfolk martin
replies: 60 views: 1,204
Samc 4 days ago

Hey guys, first post here. I just got a Yamaha mx49 synth in order to do more with live performance of my tracks and playing...

bfreepro
replies: 0 views: 222
bfreepro 5 days ago

Having a problem with our Midas M32 Mixer and DL251 Stagebox (connected via AES50 and Ethercon Cat5). Occasionally during a show,...

mtbrys
replies: 3 views: 328
MediaGary 6 days ago

Anybody else struggle to get a nice reverb sound on the SD10. I Like the desk besides from the convoluted setup and the reverbs....

THE_NIK
replies: 16 views: 1,636
Dutchy15 6 days ago

I Recently bought a Behringer Mx2442a second hand desk, with the intent to use in live sound situations. It was sold as excellent...

JackH93
replies: 6 views: 2,785
Surfdude2000 6 days ago

I recently bought a Scarlett 2i2 audio interface and after 2 weeks of use every time I turned the volume knob it made a white...

Jascobeata
replies: 1 views: 283
Wyllys 6 days ago

I am a disc jockey that uses an Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB turntable playing good ol' regular vinyl on channel 1 of a Gemini...

Ready2DRock
replies: 3 views: 287
kirkus 6 days ago

Each Monday I host an open mic at a bar. The room is large with very high ceilings. I have been bringing my personal PA which...

RachaelRage
replies: 0 views: 231
RachaelRage 6 days ago

I’ve started gigging (yay!). I sing, play solo guitar, some keys and have the rest of my pop songs on backing tracks in...

thedberg
replies: 21 views: 569
thedberg 1 week ago

Hello everybody, I saved some budget in order to get a digital rack mixer so me and my band can start gigging around retaining...

ulrichanders
replies: 18 views: 969
jammiedodger666 1 week ago

Looking for some opinions here, I am going to build a new mixer system around the M32 core with the midas 32 input diigital stage...

NiJoL
replies: 6 views: 430
MediaGary 1 week ago

Hey all, I'm working at church doing AV and I came across some AKG DSR800's along with their respective transmitters: Four...

Andre.Gower
replies: 3 views: 444
davidd 1 week ago

Got a big heavy Yamaha PM4000 in case (with wheels) sitting 550 miles away that I'd liked to have freighted to me so I don't have...

Funk-O-Meter
replies: 11 views: 1,096
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Hi ������ I'm after some help regarding delay times and speaker set up please. I was asked to record a conference...

henry miller
replies: 5 views: 401
brew 1 week ago

removed, double post

NiJoL
replies: 0 views: 247
NiJoL 1 week ago

Hi guys, So like the title suggests I need a new desk. I was using an Allen & Heath Zed10-fx for a one piece set up and it...

Big Jellyfish
replies: 7 views: 544
OneEng 1 week ago

Does anyone know if there is a sound quality difference between running the L/R outputs from my Keyboards into a mixing board...

RichTaylor
replies: 19 views: 578
hughshouse 1 week ago

Interview with FOH mixer Greg Price: FW9Df_-FjBg

Samc
replies: 9 views: 818
Aisle 6 1 week ago

Hi guys! I m searching for small footprint console in the 15k prince range and the new cadac cdc5 series looks very...

mrc
replies: 10 views: 861
Aisle 6 1 week ago

I was wondering if you guys had any advice for getting started with a PA system for a small venue. I have virtually no...

standardandroid
replies: 8 views: 449
Samc 1 week ago

The Lewitt MTP 940 CM hand held condenser microphone was designed for both studio and stage use. It has a large 1” diameter...

Samc
replies: 7 views: 572
Samc 1 week ago

Hey all, This is my first post on the forum but I have taken several bits of knowledge away from it for years. I am hoping I...

Mrtd1013
replies: 22 views: 3,662
kd4obq 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search