The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Alternatives to Waves MultiRack Native?
Old 10th November 2013
Here for the gear

Alternatives to Waves MultiRack Native?

Hi guys,

I've been using Waves MultiRack Native for a while and love it but are there any alternative softwares that'll do the same thing but also supports third-party AU/VST? Thoughts?

I'd love to integrate other great plug-ins into my live setup!
Old 10th November 2013
Old 10th November 2013
Old 10th November 2013
Lives for gear

I'm new to this plugin host game. My question is will the three above work with the X32?
Old 11th November 2013
Here for the gear

Waves does, for sure. I've used it with an X32 via USB. Worked really well.
Old 11th November 2013
Gear Maniac

X32 user here too. I have the Waves Multirack, but I use the LiveProfessor way more often. SAC is also a very stable solution, but it does way more than a simple VST host. Basically any DAW can work as VST host, but it might be to much hassle to deal with.
Old 30th January 2014
Gear Addict

Any mac RTAS alternatives?
Old 5th February 2014
Here for the gear

One for mac users: AU Lab. It's free, and super easy - I use it with a low latency interface live, for (Delay's and IR Reverbs)
http://images.apple.com/itunes/maste...ocs/au_lab.zip
Old 6th February 2014
Old 1st April 2015 | Show parent
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteHansen View Post
One for mac users: AU Lab. It's free, and super easy - I use it with a low latency interface live, for (Delay's and IR Reverbs)
Thanks, Malte! Just what I needed to know.
Old 1st April 2015
Gear Maniac

New LiveProfessor2 version will also have a Mac Version. It is in Beta right now...
Old 1st April 2015
Gear Head
Thanks for the heads up about that, Bratwurst. I am very curious, man!!!
That might be the best choice, I was very hopeful about AU Lab at first glance. But it appears to have some nasty bugs that appears in the current OS X version that I use on all my machines, which is and will be for a while: Mavericks.

Setting it up is a bit auckward in the first place but when you configure to have mono inputs, the sliders to select the input channel numbers do not work, which renders the application pretty useless. I do not always prefer to have stereo inputs on FX. And it seems that it is not very capable to work with audio interfaces with larger channel counts. The last version has been worked on by Apple in 2010. So that probably means exit AU Lab.

I have read about a 2.3 beta version of AU Lab. I wonder if I could get my hands on that one somehow.
Btw, using MultiRack as well sometimes. Which is pretty good, does the job very well. But no AU support, which is really a shame. Dazzles me why they at Waves are so small-minded about that.

Last edited by CaptPicard; 1st April 2015 at 10:27 PM..
Old 2nd April 2015
Gear Maniac

@ CaptPicard : Multirack is "Waves only", which is a no-go for me. LiveProfessor2 Mac version will host any VST, VST3 and AU from any vendor. In addition, it brings way more features to the table than Multirack and it is also way cheaper. Don't know when it will be released, but the beta is already really stable. -->

Old 2nd April 2015 | Show parent
Gear Head
Wow, would be great to do beta testing for this! So that is the interface of LiveProfessor2? Looking nicely simple and easy to operate, I like that.
Have actually done some beta-testing before for some companies, would love to do this one too. I think when LP2 hits the market it can expect a warm welcome from a lot of engineers. The competition is very weak anyway. And your are absolutely right about the price difference too between MultiRack and LP2.
Some nice VST plugins lying in the dust here that I would love to hear live.
Old 2nd April 2015
Gear Maniac

Correct, this is the LP2 Gui, which can be taylor made by the user. Lot's of options what should be displayed, and what not. Maybe drop Nikolai (the guy behind LP) a mail, he might add you to the beta squad. On the other hand, I'm located very close to the dutch boarder (near Venlo). Pay me a visit, if that suits you.
Old 2nd April 2015
Lives for gear

MAX MSP can do this too, and is crazy flexible. You'll have to make a patch yourself, but that's very easy to do.

Dutchy
Old 3rd April 2015 | Show parent
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
Maybe drop Nikolai (the guy behind LP) a mail, he might add you to the beta squad.
Actually, I did already, looking forward to hear from him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
On the other hand, I'm located very close to the dutch boarder (near Venlo). Pay me a visit, if that suits you.
Nice one, will let you know if I am in the area!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy15 View Post
MAX MSP can do this too, and is crazy flexible. You'll have to make a patch yourself, but that's very easy to do.
Thanks! Not that easy for me to do right now, have to do some study on it first and create some time to get into that... But it looks really powerful. Was looking forward to a platform like this for a while for a specific audio project that I had developed some ideas for years ago. Great to know about this! That project is about "merging different audio sources to create very specific results" - sorry, want to keep the idea a bit for myself still, too new...
Have you heard of the AU/VST host called Audio Plugin Player by Defective Records Software? I read that it is also written in Cycling 74's Max. € 2,99 in the iTunes Store....
Old 8th April 2015
Gear Addict

where did you find the info on a mac-version of LP2?
would we great !
Old 12th March 2017
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteHansen View Post
Wow! thanks for the hookup. I was suffering all kinds of glitches, pops and latency trying to use Logic as a live master bus processor. This program handles it amazingly and quite frankly rocks! :D
Old 9th October 2020
Here for the gear

If you're looking for Waves alternatives then I recommend UAD but it is as expensive as the Waves. A Live Professor is a good alternative. You check this site reecoupons for software, themes, plugins, and hosting. This site has coupons for good brands.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear