The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Rock vocal, Audix OM11, Heil PR 35 and Telefunken M80
Old 22nd October 2013
Here for the gear

Rock vocal, Audix OM11, Heil PR 35 and Telefunken M80

Hello everyone, I'd like your opinion on three microphone for singing live. For a rock, metal very strong male voice, no scream just clean vocal. The three options I considered are the Audix OM11, Heil PR 35 and Telefunken M80.

I live in Montreal, Canada and unfortunately audix om11 and Heil PR35 are not avaialble in stock. Just on special order. So I can not try. This is another reason I'm asking for your help.

Thanks Jeff.
Old 22nd October 2013
KEL
Lives for gear

those are good choices all. don't forget Shure

I have the most experience with the Heil. Love it...unless the singer is a P-popper. Even with the HPF I find it can exaggerate that issue, or for an MC
Old 23rd October 2013
Gear Addict

My experience with the Heil is that it has high handling noise and can sound worse than expected on the wrong voice. If your stages are loud, I might consider the EV967 as well.
Old 23rd October 2013
Here for the gear

Thank you for information. Regarding the shure and ev967, I try everything that was dynamic microphone between $ 150 and $ 300 in the Sennheiser, ev, shure, audio technika akg etc ... One that best suits my voice so far is the telefunken M80. This is one reason I specify the previous three models. I read a lot of good comments on the Heil PR35 but nothing is specified regarding the use at high volume. The website Audix, insists that Om11 is intended for use for rock and metal, but I try OM7, excellent for rejection, but much more if I close compared to the M80. Is the OM11 is the solution? ...
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Of the three you list with your intended use, I have concerns with handling noise with the Heil, and while Audix OMs and Telefunkunken M80s sound great, both have been known to have moisture issues with the capsule in rock environments (saliva, water etc).
There is a reason mics like SM58 and e935/945 are a staple on stages all around the world.
Old 1st November 2013
Gear Maniac

Don't forget that what sounds great in the store booth may work terribly on a noisy stage.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search