All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Audio Tour Needs Your Help
Old 22nd October 2013
Here for the gear

Audio Tour Needs Your Help

This has been removed.
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

1. Hire power locally. 10K watts in three generators is (A) not nearly enough power and (B) a bad idea to run multiple generators.

2. Take some money from the budget and hire someone who knows live sound production. Yes, you'll get a lot of free advice on the Internet, but it will be conflicting and of dubious value if you don't already know a good portion of it. The simple fact that you're here asking the questions above is proof that you really have no idea what is involved in the technical aspects of live sound production.

3. A big chunk of what you need to know pertains to safety and liability in deploying LA systems, staging and screens outdoors. You need qualified professionals to handle this. It is not in the realm of DIY.
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Maniac

You need a production coordinator and a lead tech WAY more than you need advice from gearslutz.
Old 22nd October 2013
KEL
Lives for gear

there are so many questions.

like wyllys said, the fact that you're asking these kinds of questions is a huge red flag that says you need help. At least it's in march and you have some time.

I would have an hour of questions at least
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear
My rate just happens to be $145,000 per tour (plus incidentals), and I can get you everything you need :D

But seriously, you need to hire a production manager/coordinator to handle EVERYTHING on the technical side. There is so much more here than just getting the right cables to hook up your line array and then hiring an engineer in each city.

You will need to find a production company that can supply you everything that you need for the tour. If the only part of this setup that you already own are the line array boxes, you may be in for some sticker shock - you're basically asking for a 6 month tour for $150k. Regardless of whether you own the speakers already, that's still a LOT to ask for, with a LONG run, for not a very large budget. And that's just in terms of equipment....

I would NOT suggest relying on a local sound person in each city. Local labor, of course, but you need to find at least a Production Manager and a Sound Engineer to be booked for the length of the entire tour if you want things to run smoothly.
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMF View Post
This has been removed.
Bye-bye, BadMF. Please remember that we gave you our best advice even though it wasn't what you wanted to hear. We're here to tell it like it is, not to punch random tickets or validate noob concepts.

Good luck.

You're going to need it.
Old 22nd October 2013
KEL
Lives for gear

but wyllys, didn't you want the proud feeling to have helped? "hey, I worked on that show at gearslutz, I told him to get beta 58s"
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

why has badMF gone?
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrolytic View Post
why has badMF gone?
Most likely because we started by pointing out the obvious gap between his stated objectives and his grasp of what would be needed to produce them.

I Googled BADFM and it appears as how they tried to get this started out in the Fall of 2012. I couldn't find any evidence that it went any farther than concept.

I did like the part about the multiple small generators. Wonder what "line array" they had and how they expect to do EDM without massive amounts of subs.

Just another kid with his face pressed to the toy store window....
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

yeah all the kids know that EDM sounds best through Funktion-one its the law
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search