The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Sound & Lights Co Los Angeles
Old 21st October 2013
Gear Head

Sound & Lights Co Los Angeles

Upcoming show in LA.
Need full production- sound & lights, backline etc. Plus video projection.
Can you recommend good companies please? Prefer a one stop shop to handle everything.
Thanks!
Old 21st October 2013
KEL
Lives for gear

what city is the show?

how many people?

inside, outside?

band?
Old 21st October 2013
Gear Head

Valencia CA, Mini dealership.
300 people.
Weather permitting outside but the whole area is covered, open at the sides. If it rains we'll go inside.
Band is G Tom Mac
Old 21st October 2013
KEL
Lives for gear

good act. looks like a 3 piece maybe...

300 is a pretty small gig.

at night?

you need a stage too?

what's the date?
Old 21st October 2013
Gear Head

Yeah 3 piece but using sequencer for drums tracks. We play guitars & sing over backing tracks so it's easy to mix the sound.
8pm, Nov 18th, 1 40min set. We need stage approx 24x16.
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear
SIR is always an option. Don't know if they do full stage, etc.

You'll get better results if you put your budget for all of this. If it's $5,000, you may get a lot of names. If it's $500, good luck...
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

Gonna have a hard time finding a good company that does it all (and does it well)... Delicate Productions in Oxnard is one of the better one-stop shops. They don't do backline, though. For that SIR or Auntie M are probably your better bets.

SIR has rehearsal studios (not sure about location sound work), Auntie M is a big PA company. I've had plenty of bad experiences with SIR, though so I wouldn't trust them for more than just backline. There are plenty of other great PA companies, lighting companies and projection companies around. I tend to go for the best in those departments and coordinate. For Lighting, I have used Kinetic (had bad experiences with Angstrom recently since they were bought out), Projection I go with Opticus, sound is any one of a number of companies depending on what kind and level of rig I need. Delicate, Sound Image (in San Diego), Hollywood Sound and a number of others all come to mind as first calls.

--Ben

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search