The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
In ear monitor receivers
Old 18th October 2013
Here for the gear

In ear monitor receivers

I just got 2 Audio Technica M2 in ear monitor transmitters as a hand me down from a band mates friend. I do not have the receiver body packs. After some online research I found the receivers are the M2R model which runs around $350 a pop. Ouch! Are there any other audio technica receivers that will work with these transmitters for less $? Or a generic receiver that works with many different brands and transmitters? Was so excited feeling let down!
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear
$350 is really cheap for a decent wireless IEM system, you're not going to find anything cheaper than that. There are no "generic" receivers, each brand generally has their own proprietary systems
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

Basically reiterating what Jhana said:

-Sennheiser only works with Sennheiser, Shure only works with Shure, Audio-Technica only works with Audio-Technica, etc.

Different brands will not work with other brands because of proprietary technology locking them to work within their own ecosystem.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search