The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Soundcraft Si Compact Ipad issues
Old 15th October 2013
Gear Addict

Soundcraft Si Compact Ipad issues

Friend of mine is having trouble with the Ipad connectivity on his Si Compact 24. He has upgraded the software many times, and after the latest upgrade (2.26 i think) the Ipad wouldn't connect. He is asking if there is a bulletproof way that will make the Ipad connect without having to upgrade the system once again.

He is not used to the forum thing, so I am asking for him.

Regards

-Box
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

There's a new firmware (v2.3) on soundcraft's website. Try upgrading to that.

- Does your iPad connect to the router?
- Is your router configured properly?
- Is your iPad running the latest remote app and iOS?

Soundcraft teased on their site also that there's a new remote app coming out soon, so that may fix your issues or not...
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Addict

Thanks Tom

I think updating the Ipad app might be the way to go, since he has tried all other options.

Right now it does connect to the router, and setup seems fine. The desk just doesn't respond.

Just thinking:....is firmware update the same as system update on the compact?

-Box
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Yes, firmware update is the same as system update on the compact.

Have you read the user guide for the remote app? Make sure to set the console networking properly as well as setting the HiQnet address on the iPad.

Check the Si Compact 24 manuals to set the networking.
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

I don't know, but I'd say upgrading the WL router is what you need.
Old 11th November 2013
Here for the gear

Hello!

I want to know something about SI Compact Soundcraft digital mixer. Is there any option I get one of those mixers with Line inputs, not only Mic? Or what would be my solution, because I use quite a lot instruments with Line (Jack) cables? 2 stereo channels are not enough.

Thanks!
Old 11th November 2013
Gear Addict

You've probably tried this already, but just incase you haven't Once the desk is physically connected to the router, you need to reboot the desk. Also worth swapping the cable over, i had issues and it was down to a dodgy network cable.
Old 11th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by knga7 View Post
Hello!

I want to know something about SI Compact Soundcraft digital mixer. Is there any option I get one of those mixers with Line inputs, not only Mic? Or what would be my solution, because I use quite a lot instruments with Line (Jack) cables? 2 stereo channels are not enough.

Thanks!
Depending on the length of the cable runs you can either:

1. Use 1/4"TRS > XLRM cables to go directly into the desk. Modern pre-amps have an operational range which encompasses both line and mic level signals...in most cases.

2. Use direct boxes to get your signal into your audio snake. If your "jack" outputs on your devices are not TRS balanced outputs but unbalanced TS outputs, you'll want the direct boxes to properly convert the signal to a balanced output to eliminate/reduce the possibility of the noise floor being too high.
Old 11th November 2013
Lives for gear

Actually I would advise to not use the 1/4" to XLRM because if you accidentally turn on +48v phantom power, well there goes the instrument preamp...
Old 11th November 2013
Lives for gear

Yes, use DIs, the better they are, the better it will sound. Passives are good for synths.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search