The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Blown Peavey Black Widow 18" subs
Old 28th April 2016
Lives for gear
Part of the problem is that people throw around spec numbers without understanding what those numbers mean. All specs are "qualified" and are not unlimited.

All "350 watts" are not the same. So that 350 w spec is qualified to a certain bands shape of frequencies, in a controlled speaker box and with an amplifier that can cleanly and without limiting deliver 4 times that power.

In any event, with BW speakers just using one of the modern replacement baskets increases the power handling spec times 4.

But that is the "thermal" limit. I can tell you that woofer burn outs are overwhelmingly caused by running too low of a frequency into them and not thermal limitations. The thermal limit is for exceeding that power level for 8 continuous hours, with no break.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

pro rider basket into a low rider magnet...

I've just placed a pro rider basket into a low rider magnet and it works ultra fine!!! clean and powerfull sound!!! I tried first with the conventional black widow magnet and it didn't work ... had a "cracky" sound...Hope this help someone!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search