The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Midas/Behringer X32
Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

When it comes to the aux inputs, I mix a group with an 18 channel input list, and I won't hesitate to use the aux ins on an X32 Rack for two guitar cab mics, especially if the inputs are sensitive enough to not need a preamp, which may very well be the case. And the inputs for the house music should certainly count, would definitely rather not kill two mic channels for that.

I'd say in this case Behringer is not guilty for once. It's named X32 and not X40.
Old 18th March 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by sania44 View Post
If you are friendly with electronics is it possible to fix the fader yourself when the band falls off, or do you have to send the board in for service?

Hello everyone,

The X32 fader belt issue described is due to temperature fluctuation, causing the nylon wheel to move up and the fader belt to slip. This is a simple fix that qualified personnel can complete by applying a drop of Loctite, preventing future slippage. A service note can be provided upon request.

This is not a common issue, however we have noticed it on earlier models.

Kind regards,

Chase McKnight
Jr. Admin, Tech Support
MUSIC Group
Old 3rd April 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase McKnight View Post

This is not a common issue, however we have noticed it on earlier models.

Kind regards,

Chase McKnight
Jr. Admin, Tech Support
MUSIC Group
Thanks Chase for letting us know that this issue has been taken care of in the later models, that brings up another question, if I would go out to buy an X32 is there a way to check whether the board is older model or newer one? (release date? serial number?)

Thanks
Old 5th April 2013
Gear Head

Considering how fast the X32 has been selling, it doesn't seem likely you'll end up buying from an older batch production.
Old 9th April 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sino View Post
Giving my feedback..

They made a little mess with the routing.. it's OK, but could be easier and more flexible with a simple A/B matrix instead of this configuration (you can route only groups of 8 channels).

Snake boards are also well built and quite easy to use..
The "8 channel block" is really only an issue when using the S16 digital snake boxes. If you are plugging in all your sources directly into the mixer itself, then the 8 block thing is irrelevant. Where it comes into play is when using the stage boxes.

Using a combination of local and S16 inputs, you have to pay attention to the routing and maximize your use of the connections. For example, if you have 8 microphones that you want to plug into the S16, if you put 4 on inputs 1-4 and the other four on inputs 12-16 you will effectively use up 16 channels of inputs, even if they are not active. So setup your inputs within the 8 block banks and you will minimize the wasted channels. In the example plug in all 8 mics 1-8, or 9-16.

In our setup, we have 2 x S16 on stage. We use 3 of the 4 available banks of 8, and we use local 1-8 for our wireless mics.

Hope that makes sense.
Jared
Old 24th February 2014
Here for the gear

For the record, the fader issue hasn't been corrected. Bought the desk 12/17/13 and have run it close to thirty performances. Went in yesterday, 2/23 and did a sound check. Went to get a coffee, came back and fader #14 was just humming at me. Yes, you can use it manually, but then all four layers need to have the same fader level as you jump between them.

Two months of running the desk in a permanent mix position in a climate and access controlled room and the fader is doing this? I hope the warranty turn around is exceedingly fast, this shouldn't happen even on one that's touring.
Old 25th February 2014
Gear Maniac

Dear Rogers,
I am sorry to hear about your fader. We did indeed make an adjustment to the motorized faders on the X32 after the earlier production runs that have eliminated all issues with the fader belt. It is possible that even though you bought the console in December of 2013, the dealer may have had older stock.
Of course, no products are 100% resistant to failure and our CARE team is here to help in the rare event of a problem . If you could send me a PM with your contact information I will be sure to have them contact you to resolve this. Could you also provide the serial number of the console so that we can investigate? Thank you!

Best,
John DiNicola
Manager, Channel Marketing
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear