The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Feed the Beat Tour Support Dynamic Microphones
Old 31st August 2007
Tape Op

Feed the Beat Tour Support

http://www.tacobell.com/feedthebeat/
Old 31st August 2007
Gear Addict

Man, when is Motel 6 gonna get on that bandwagon? Or, failing that, Wafflehaus? -E
Old 31st August 2007
Tape Op

How about free toll roads back East? Sbarro's? Shell?
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

Hmmm.. will Taco Bell be replacing their Chihuahua mascot with a skinny guitar player mascot?

Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

yikes... I'd hate to be stuck in a van with a band that is eating lots of taco bell.
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Crane View Post
How about free toll roads back East? Sbarro's? Shell?
How about Dennys? That's where you go for those "late night drunken better get some food in my stomach so I don't puke" breakfasts.
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangman View Post
yikes... I'd hate to be stuck in a van with a band that is eating lots of taco bell.
Jean Claude Damn Van.
Old 31st August 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Thanks the first thing I tought too!tutt
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

make a run for the bathroo......errrrrrrrr............border!
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

So, anyone, I've always wondered as we don't have it here. What's the food in Tacobell like?
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

its tastes like cheap microwave dinners. only some of them you can get deep fried.

very "enhanced" flavor. play-doh cheese, iceberg lettuce, tomatoes that look like they're made of plastic. you get the idea. its as cheap as you can get "mexican" food.

Somethings just should never be done cheap... sushi is one, mexican is another.
Old 31st August 2007
Gear Maniac

whaaat! hahaha, that's amazing. i would never want to get $500 worth of taco bell in, well, ANY span of time, really. but still, it's very cool of them.
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

to be completely honest, i don't mind the soft tacos so much if you get rid of the brown, wilted lettuce and load em up with Fire sauce. the rest of the stuff though, i could totally do without. still, i don't think i could eat $500 worth of taco hell in a lifetime.

.....but i'm sure i know some bands who would LOVE to win that.....

cheers,
wade
Old 1st September 2007
Here for the gear

The band Cinderella when they signed in the 80s ... all blew their advances on really nice starter-or-nicer mansions in lala land, but all the bandmembers bought in the same little subdivision ... so the entire group were all practically neighbors.

An interviewer asked: "Why did you all buy houses so close together, so you could walk to each others' place? ... because you all are soulmates?" etc. etc.

I will give it almost verbatim here because I could never forget the quote. Says some band member.

"No man, it's because it was close to a Taco Bell. It's like, where we all eat."
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

This sounds like a great "miracle" for all those young touring bands! Stuck in a van all day and night with a bunch of guys who all live on Taco Bell INDEED fuuck
Old 1st September 2007
Smile

Mmmmm.. Bring back Wendy's 'Chilli chips & Cheese' for 99p - all is forgiven...The UK had one Taco Bell and 2 Wendy's, now all gone...
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

Nothin' like giving the gift of explosive diarrhea to a touring band... Thanks Taco Bell...
Old 1st September 2007
Here for the gear

The Taco Bell Baja Steak Chalupa is fine dining. I side with Cinderella. You A-listers in So Cal can keep your Wolfgang Pucks etc.
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-cue View Post
Nothin' like giving the gift of explosive diarrhea to a touring band... Thanks Taco Bell...
The gift that keeps on giving.
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-cue View Post
They must be in cahoots with all the truck stops across america
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

I think it is great and supportive gesture from Taco Bell

I know many of the comments are/were said in jest but I find it really hard to believe that many or you who make records for a living are oblivious to the fact how hard it is to get support as a musician/band/artist and even harder trying to break into a new market/out of State.

When you are touring your butt off driving in a van all night/day with a bunch of sweaty/smelly musicians and getting hunger pains, Taco Bell is a God send...

I don't miss the touring life. I SURE have tons of memories I wouldn't want to trade, both good and bad

A few years ago I toured the USA and visited 25 States via a Green Chevy Suburban affectionately called the Green Pea, started in Seattle, WA and wound up in NY, NY. Over 3 months I got to see the WHOLE coast of the USA, how many of you native US citizens have done that?

I've traveled not only to the USA, but Europe, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand and a couple other places in between, all living the life of a performing musician and had a blast.

I have eaten at pretty much every fast food joint the USA has to offer (even small one boutique places like The Varsity in ATL, or The Beacon in SC) and here are a few personal favs.

Taco Bell: Breakfast Burito, a meal in a soft taco... great way to start the day, or end it if you drive through CA to TX in one stretch...

In and Out Burger: When in CA do as Californians do... or something like that... give it to me animal style!

Jack in the Box: Despite the food poisoning scare a few years back I think that Uncle Jack's food is prob one of the best prepared fast foods around, I love and miss the standard 'Jumbo Jack'.

Arby's: Curly fries... need I say more?

Wendy's: Pretty much anything on the $1 menu fills the gap, and the square burger patties always go down a treat.

Chickfilla: Sorry guys, you can keep it, overpriced chicken sandwiches with little to no toppings.

Sonic (down South): While strictly not a meal that Cherry Lime Soda is to die for!

Probably the weirdest thing I ate at a fast food joint was in Singapore at KFC where the fries where served with caramel sauce and spring onions and the chicken sandwitch was deep fried in curried spices, tasted great, just not what you expect from KFC.

Needless to say after my various tours I'd gained a few pounds, but I lost those easily enough when I came off the road.

Nowadays I'm quite happy in the studio making records with artists and the thought of being in a van for any length of time scares the heck out of me, but it has made me sympathetic to the artists I work with.

Maybe your next vacation should be a road trip (a GREAT way to see the USA, or any country) eating at these fine eatery's and get a sense of what the artists that feed you do when not in the studio making records...

Cheers

Matt
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
guess what 75% of being on tour is...

by the way, larry, it was very nice of you to post that little bit of information...one day late.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search