The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Midas M32 and Aviom system
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Midas M32 and Aviom system

Hi all, I have a question about the best way to connect my equipment.

I'm a pastor, and I've been upgrading the sound equipment at our church. I just purchased a Midas M32 board, as well as a used Aviom System consisting of:

10 x A-16ii personal mixers
2 x A16D Pro Distributors
1 x AN-16 i v.2 Input Module

I know it's not possible to come straight out of the Midas into the Aviom Distributors on stage via a single Ethernet cable, because the Midas uses AES50 protocol, and the A16D uses A-Net.

What is the best way to get the signal to the Aviom Input Module, or the Aviom Distributor on stage?

Thanks!
Shane
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
analog outs
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEHARRIS ➑️
analog outs
Thanks for the reply. Are you referring to the 16 XLR outputs on the left side of the back of the Midas M32, as seen here: https://www.agiprodj.com/additional_...32-ip_back.jpg

Do I just need to buy XLR to 1/4" TRS cables to go from the Midas XLR outputs to the Aviom Input Module?

Outputs #15 & #16 are the main L & R ouptuts, so I would only be able to use 14 of the available 16 channels on the Aviom personal mixer, is that correct?
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
the 'best' way would be to use a digital format converter but this would be rather expensive...

...so yes, use analog outputs and route whatever signals are needed/wanted to those outputs.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
im not sure any format converter includes both AES50 and Aviom.
to me best would be P16s which require no additional interface....can you sell the Aviom...you may be able to get enough to buy the system made for this job
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by satl ➑️
Outputs 15 & 16 are the main L & R ouptuts, so I would only be able to use 14 of the available 16 channels on the Aviom personal mixer, is that correct?
Assuming you still want to output LR from the mixer, then you're correct.

You could, however, also use the six aux out sockets.

All this assumes you don't need any further outputs for, say, streaming, recording, relay speakers, etc. Also, you might want to think about the routing. You can route either mixbuses or direct channels to outputs, but that might leave you running out of mixbuses.

I'd agree that the right solution is really to use P16s. I suspect that a plan using analog fed Aviom kit will quite quickly bite you on the bum.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Thanks everyone. It looks like I bought the wrong setup. I'll sell my Aviom system and purchase the Behringer P16s to go with my Midas M32.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…