The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Fair price for second hand pair QSC K 8.2?
Old 14th November 2020
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Fair price for second hand pair QSC K 8.2?

Hi all. Some secondhand QSC K 8.2 speakers have come up in my area. They are in good condition. I was wondering what you think is a fair price to pay for them? If you could also identify your currency depending on what country you are in that would help. Thanks.
Old 14th November 2020
Lives for gear

depends much on age and shape, whether the speakers are still in production or superseded by a newer model, how much of a commodity or specialty they are, whether there's a capable distributor in your country, whether a large shop or rental company in your area uses the speakers and hence depending on their visibiliy, whether there are additional models available in the same series etc.

usually gear dives by 25% in the first year and then 10% for every additional year of use - hi-profile gear mostly stops at a 'reasonable', market-driven level while mi-gear can drop to ridiculously low levels.

in the current situation, you should be able to find lots of gear at rather low prices, meaning maybe half or at least a third down from new...
Old 15th November 2020
Gear Head
Here in the US, secondhand QSC K8s have seemed to settle at around ~1000 a pair or ~500 each. Maybe a tiny pinch more if .2's.
Old 15th November 2020
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Why don't people ever say where they live, as that can make quite a difference to the price. Better still, put it in your profile - it's not that hard...

Also, is no-one capable of doing an eBay search for completed items? When it comes to stuff that's relatively mainstream, that's the easiest way to see what stuff's going for, along with the ranges of condition.

In the UK, for example, it's as easy as this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...&LH_Complete=1
Old 15th November 2020
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by min3008 View Post
Hi all. Some secondhand QSC K 8.2 speakers have come up in my area. They are in good condition. I was wondering what you think is a fair price to pay for them? If you could also identify your currency depending on what country you are in that would help. Thanks.
USA. When it comes to the K8.2, the spread between used and (discounted) new prices is minimal, meaning that if it were me, I'd call around and buy new.

Example: $649 list means I would expect to pay ~$580 for "B-stock" (usually delivered in an unopened box!). Reverb.com has a bunch for ~$550. For a $30 difference, why not buy new?

Don't forget the totes BTW ...

There is a non-trivial difference between the legacy K8s and the newer K8.2s, which I can attest to having owned both.
Old 15th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanstan View Post
Here in the US, secondhand QSC K8s have seemed to settle at around ~1000 a pair or ~500 each. Maybe a tiny pinch more if .2's.
Thank you.
Old 15th November 2020
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Location has an impact on price and availability

Thanks all. I think my location definitely impacts price and availability here in Aus. With only a population of 25.5 million there is a lot less on the second hand market available than in the US and of course less demand for new products too. The price for a new QSC k 8.2 is $1280 here and I doubt I could talk it down much from there. So I would be looking for around $2400 here to buy a pair. That’s quite a bit!

Would 50% of new price be a fair offer for good used condition, or is this being too cheeky? I seem to only get half or even less most of the time when flipping my gear.
Old 15th November 2020
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Location has an impact on price and availability

Thanks all. I think my location definitely impacts price and availability here in Aus. With only a population of 25.5 million there is a lot less on the second hand market available than in the US and of course less demand for new products too. The price for a new QSC k 8.2 is $1280 here and I doubt I could talk it down much from there. So I would be looking for around $2400 here to buy a pair. That’s quite a bit!

Would 50% of new price be a fair offer for good used condition, or is this being too cheeky? I seem to only get half or even less most of the time when flipping my gear.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear