The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Line Array for piano plugin sounds
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Line Array for piano plugin sounds

Hi. Does anyone reading this use acoustic piano plugins to a line array PA that sounds really nice? At the moment I’m using Kontakt’s Grandeur with monitors and sounds nice and am now searching for portable PA option for small venues.

Last edited by min3008; 4 weeks ago at 11:40 AM.. Reason: Mistake
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by min3008 View Post
Hi. Does anyone reading this use acoustic piano plugins to a line array PA that sounds really nice? At the moment I’m using Kontakt’s Grandeur with monitors and sounds nice and am now searching for portable PA option for small venues.
line array systems are not really 'portable' as they consist of multiple (close to) full range boxes which get flown plus (mostly) a sub array which gets either flown or stacked and hence hardly fit into small venues - so i'm not quite sure into what kind of system you're looking...?!

bottom line is though that no system 'cares' or 'knows' about the sound getting played: speaker systems are agnostic of genre and instruments getting amplified so get whatever matches the dynamics of the music, meets the spl requirements, covers the entire audience, fits your budget, fits into your car or truck etc.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

To clarify, I meant mini line array. Sometimes referred to as a stick PA or column PA.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Presumably, you'd like it to come as a pair? (Like your posts...)
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

No. Can’t afford two....so it will just be one stick system, or I may decide to go with an amp like an AER which I will try out today.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

If someone told you that a stick PA is a line array, they lied to you.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Line arrays are inappropriate for backline and most all small venues. A point source is more appropriate for your application.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear