The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ygdai cards
Old 8th October 2020
Here for the gear

ygdai cards

Hi everybody ever so sorry to bother you lovely lot again ive recently purchased a yamaha 03d mix console and it came with an aes ebu ygdai card and the 25 pin cable with 8 xlr plugs. In the manual states they are 8 digital input and output channels which will then able me to use the other channels of the mix layer function. And il be honest im not entirely sure what i can use it with.

ideally I'd like to to use them as outputs so I can have the signal go to my audio interface for the purpose of radio broadcast and free up the aux channels currently being used. But like I said im not sure how I have thought of replacing it with a Yamaha Cd8 Ad Analogue Input / Output Expansion Card but looking at size differences doesnt look like it will fit. Ebay auctions state that card will for multiple mixers can any one help me before i spend on something that won't fit

Thank you in advance
Old 8th October 2020
Here for the gear

Yamaha offer a range of YGDAI cards which are compatible with the 03D https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/pr...rds/index.html

The link is for all the analogue cards available, but there are multiple digital formats available as well.

You have the AES/EBU card which can output 4 x 2 channel AES lines (there are two different cards. The one with the 'S' suffix offers up to 96kHz sample rate. The other card only goes to 48kHz) via your D Sub cable.

If you go for the analogue o/p card with the D Sub output, there are various different wiring standards for analogue and digital, and Yamaha and other manufacturers (Tascam/T-DIF being the other main standard)
Old 9th October 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuMan View Post
Yamaha offer a range of YGDAI cards which are compatible with the 03D https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/pr...rds/index.html

The link is for all the analogue cards available, but there are multiple digital formats available as well.

You have the AES/EBU card which can output 4 x 2 channel AES lines (there are two different cards. The one with the 'S' suffix offers up to 96kHz sample rate. The other card only goes to 48kHz) via your D Sub cable.

If you go for the analogue o/p card with the D Sub output, there are various different wiring standards for analogue and digital, and Yamaha and other manufacturers (Tascam/T-DIF being the other main standard)
So can I use the Dsub cable I already have with an analogue card or is it exclusively for the card I already have

Thanks
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear