The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best IEM to go with X32 Rack?
Old 3rd October 2020
Gear Nut

Best IEM to go with X32 Rack?

Looking for help picking an EIM system. I’m in a 5 piece band and recently got the X32 Rack. One band member has the Behringer powerplay P-16 M, one has the Shure PSM300. I was looking at both of these as well as the Senheisser G4.
Thank you
Old 3rd October 2020
Lives for gear

need you be wireless ?
for around the same price as PSM300 you can get the MIPRO MI909
Old 4th October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEHARRIS View Post
need you be wireless ?
for around the same price as PSM300 you can get the MIPRO MI909
Could be either although leaning toward wireless so that I have more freedom to roam.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Bumping to see if any other opinions, wired or wireless. For the most part I wouldn’t be moving around that much so I could do wired. Price is no issue for either.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike7300 View Post
Bumping to see if any other opinions, wired or wireless. For the most part I wouldn’t be moving around that much so I could do wired. Price is no issue for either.
Hi Mike,

I have been wired since the mid to late 90's. The wired IEM's were a compromise. I would have preferred wireless for the simple reason that the setup and tear down is faster.

Wired sound quality will generally be better, and wired latency will generally be lower; however, the mid range to upper end wireless are very good if you have the coin to buy them.

Wired IEM's are still way easier to setup and tear down than wedges, but nothin beats just walking out on stage and turning on your belt pack!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear