The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Rechargeable Batteries in 2020
Old 13th August 2020
Lives for gear

Question Rechargeable Batteries in 2020

It's 2020

I'm looking to hear what rechargeable batteries you folks are using for wireless mic setups and to see how well they've held up over time. I keep hearing about and finding info on the Ansmann Max E Pro batteries for professional usage.

https://ansmann-pro-audio.com/max-e-pro/

Our church currently has the Sennheiser 500 G4 units with 965 capsules on the handhelds. The BA2015 battery packs work but they only seem to last about 3hrs or so from a full charge. The packs are only a few mths old and recharge with Sennheiser L2015 chargers. The Sennheiser rep said we should be getting about 8hrs run time from their 1500mAh AA battery packs. The 965 handhelds draw 180mA so 8hrs seems about right on paper but not so much in real world usage. Just looking for a better option.

Thanks
Old 13th August 2020
Lives for gear
Eneloop. The white ones.
Our first batch from 2011 is still holds well.
We also have some SKM2000 with 965 heads (almost identical to SKM500 G4) and even the oldest batteries last way more than 4 hours.
Are you running them in high-power mode?

Last edited by jetam; 13th August 2020 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: more info added
Old 16th August 2020
Gear Nut

I have been using the Powerex Pro at the venue I work at and am super happy with them. We also have some Duracell but the Powerex stuff lasts a lot longer. I also know several other venues who use the Powerex stuff for wireless.
Old 17th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetam View Post
Eneloop. The white ones.
Our first batch from 2011 is still holds well.
We also have some SKM2000 with 965 heads (almost identical to SKM500 G4) and even the oldest batteries last way more than 4 hours.
Are you running them in high-power mode?
The RF power mode on the receiver? Its set to standard as far I remember but I will double check. I also asked the Senn rep about trying different settings and I am waiting on a reply.
Old 17th August 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukmusic View Post
The RF power mode on the receiver? Its set to standard as far I remember but I will double check. I also asked the Senn rep about trying different settings and I am waiting on a reply.
Yes, RF power, it's on the transmitter, though.
Old 4 weeks ago
Spending extra on high quality rechargeable are worth it (both for your pocketbook and the environment!).

Am using Eneloops currently, but I'll be getting IKEA LADDAs next.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Powerex user here, for a long time now. Very happy.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Been using the eneloops for several years and very happy with them. The white ones last longer than other rechargeables I have tried, and the black ones last a very very long time, amazing really, although more expensive and heavier if those issues are of concern.
Also seem to do much better using the eneloop chargers than using other brands. But I haven't tried them all.
IMHO. YMMV. Good luck.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Good stuff! Thanks

I picked four Ansmann Max E Pro (now FUJITSU AA) from Sweetwater to try out. Ran them straight out of the package in two handheld mics for 2.5hrs. At the end of rehearsal the Sennheiser battery packs showed 2 bars(on the receiver display) and the Ansmanns still had 3 bars. The Senn chargers will not recharge the Ansmann batteries which I already figured before-hand. lol

I didn't test them this past Sunday during service but after about 3.5hrs or so of running time the Senn battery packs showed 1 bar while the Duracell Procell batteries(Alkaline AA) showed two bars.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear