The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Thoughts on Avalon VT-737 for live
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Thoughts on Avalon VT-737 for live

How well does the VT-737 hold up to touring? I’ve never carried outboard gear before but think this could be cool, since I already own it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

it was hugely popular some 20+ years ago - i never quite got the hype and still favour other gear but since you own it, why not? (well, there are a couple of resons why not to use any analog gear in an otherwise all-digital environment which live sound has largely become but if you can run a cable straight into it...)
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Thanks @ deedeeyeah . I've seen them on tours with massive production budgets in recent years but wondering how they hold up compared to other outboard gear. I've never had an issue with mine but it's racked in my home studio.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

on large scale productions, it's entirely down to the taste of the foh engineer: some folks like avalon, others are more into millennia, focusrite, summit, tube tech, dbx, drawmer, grace design, manley, crane song or whatever - i've even seen gml...
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
Also depends what you're putting it into. If it's a Mackie, you may not hear the difference. If it's a mid to Pro board with great speakers tuned well, you might...
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear