The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Rcf Evox JMIX8 hissing noise from HF driver
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Rcf Evox JMIX8 hissing noise from HF driver

Hello everyone, I am hearing hissing sound from my brand new rcf evox jmix8. Hissing is comming from HF driver, LF driver is silent. Issue is present all the time no matter on what possition is the main gain knob. Issue is also present when mixer is disabled. Tried on few locations no change so this is probably not coused by interference with electrical installations. Every advice will be highly appreciated.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

If it is a quiet hiss then more then likely normal.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Did you audition the system in an appropriate setting before you bought it. I use an Evox 12 0n occasion that is on par with my KV2 gear in terms of sonic quality and the RCF people are usually on top of anomaly issues of this sort. Given that fact check the problem you perceive with your dealer for possible remedies or replacement.
Hugh
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

No I bought it just based on youtube reviews, since I have had PA systems before I thought newer is better, my old one yamaha powered mixer emx1000 did not have any hiss even after 15 years of moderate use.
Can you please tell me do evox 12 have any hiss from HF driver when on idle, everything turned down?
Thanks a lot!
Cheers,
Bojan
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Bojan, the fact that I may or may not have perceived superfluous noise is not really relevant. What is important is for you to audition any gear you are considering and find for yourself a degree of satisfaction to justify a purchase. RCF has a very good reputation and for this reason contacting the dealer you bought from is an obvious first move to resolve your concerns. In the event the dealer is not sufficiently responsive contact the appropriate RCF distribution center. If you purchased the gear in the secondary market contact RCF to find a qualified repair center.
Bottom line: we have a lot of fun throwing around highly biased opinions on these and most all inter-net forums: but to base a gear purchase on anything other than a actual audition in a real use protocol is foolish.
Hugh
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Hugh, you are absolutely right! I contacted RCF ditributor for my country and I will give them a visit next week since unit is brand new and I want to have a piece of mind, I hope they will fix the issue or give me replacement. Thank you very much on advice and support! Cheers,
Bojan
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search