The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Increasing number of Aux Sends on a Digital mixer?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Increasing number of Aux Sends on a Digital mixer?

Hey guys,

My church is currently using a Soundcraft Si impact. We are looking to allow in-ear monitoring for the musicians, and for them to be able to control their own mix (via headphone amp distributor and wireless control on their own devices). The problem is, we need more aux sends available for them to control their own separate mixes.

Would just adding a Soundcraft 32i stagebox (without replacing our current analog stagebox) to our Si Impact console increase the aux sends available? How would that look on the mixer? I know that we are able to change pages A-D on the Si Impact, which shows the possibility of adding more channels to the mix, but what about the aux sends? There are 14 specific buttons dedicated to the aux sends/mixes on the Si Impact, so I do not know the way it can digitally expand the number if we add an additional stage box that includes more aux sends.

We updated to the 2.0 firmware which states it expands the number of channels (which of course is useless without adding the stagebox), but it is not really clear about the aux sends/mixes.

If anyone is familiar with Soundcraft Si series boards! Thanks guys.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

https://www.soundcraft.com/en/products/si-impact says 31 mix buses, which implies that you can increase the number of outputs by adding more outputs using an external stagebox.

It's been a while since I've used an si Impact, and I've not done that in particular. Check out the routing options which should show you how you'd patch mix buses to additional outputs. Bear in mind that you may still need to hold back some mix buses for FX sends and (possibly) groups.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Hate to play devils advocate here, but are they performers skilled enough to mix their own monitors, or would you be better off with a second console anda monitor engineer?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

si desks have plenty of auxes: mono, stereo plus four dedicated efx sends/returns.

the desks can get remotely controlled via ipad/smart phone so every musician can take care of his/her own mix.

(amongst many other desks, i got two si performer1 desks here - the additional dmx is very handy for small jobs and the pres/converters/eq's and comps perform much smoother than those built into other desks in this price range - the desk's simplicity and lack of some features clearly doesn't make it everyone's favourite desk though)

Last edited by deedeeyeah; 1 week ago at 10:39 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jude View Post
Hate to play devils advocate here, but are they performers skilled enough to mix their own monitors, or would you be better off with a second console anda monitor engineer?

They might not be, but it’s much easier for them to do it on their own since it’s too much for our sound engineer. Would hate to get a second 32input console just for more aux sends. I wish Soundcraft Ui24r was able to connect to the 32i stagebox, that would be the answer there, but Soundcraft Si doesn’t have a rack mixer.

Having a second engineer for the monitors would be nice, but we want to see how this goes first to see if it works for them.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
di desks have plenty of auxes: mono, stereo plus four dedicated efx sends/returns.

the desks can get remotely controlled via ipad/smart phone so every musician can take care of his/her own mix.

(amongst many other desks, i got two si performer1 desks here - the additional dmx is very handy for small jobs and the pres/converters/eq's and comps perform much smoother than those built into other desks in this price range - the desk's simplicity and lack of some features clearly doesn't make it everyone's favourite desk though)
What are Di Desks? Can you share a link?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftheocean View Post
What are Di Desks? Can you share a link?
sorry, typo: SI desks...

...such as soundcraft si performer etc.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search