The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mackie pro fx v3
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Mackie pro fx v3

I am wondering if someone could tell me if the new Mackie pro fx v3 has adjustable effects. I have used the old cfx mixer with the emac effects which were useable and could adjust the reverb times etc and wondering if the v3 could be adjusted in a similar way.

I have read other reviews of the original pro fx and seen many comments that its an awful effects unit onboard called the running man effects but the v3 and v2 have different effects units.

This will be used for live cabaret sets.

Other mixer im looking at is a behringer xenyx 1222 usb or the qx version of the same desk.

Thanks in advance.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Why not look at the specs on Mackie's website and/or the manual? best info available.
https://mackie.com/sites/default/files/ProFXv3_OM.pdf
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

No the Mackie Profx series don't have that, I have V1 and V2 versions and the V3 don't look any different in terms of EFX functionality. But my V1 Yamaha MG board allows the adjustment of 1 parameter for each FX and that continued to later models, and the latest MGP serires goes a step further with full customization of all EFX via a free downloadable app... only for iOS though.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thanks for that. Its a shame as even the old cfx had adjustable effects and were pretty decent. Would you say the effects presets on the v2 are good enough for live vocals? thanks.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by samster View Post
Thanks for that. Its a shame as even the old cfx had adjustable effects and were pretty decent. Would you say the effects presets on the v2 are good enough for live vocals? thanks.
I have a ProFX 22, v2.

Run away. Channels cut in and out on pot and fader movements. One of 4 buss/subs was DOA.

The onboard verbs put a deep sheen of cheap over the whole mix.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I think you'd be better off buying a Mackie VLZ used and a rack mount multi-effect of your choice (Yamaha SPX, Lexicon MPX, etc.) in the aux sends if you're trying to save money. I had a 1202, then a 1402, then a 1642 and used different effects as I upgraded.

Then I sold the 1642 and a rack of gear and bought a used Yamaha 01v - parametric EQ, dynamics on every channel and built in adjustable effects. This would also be a step up, but they're big.

Now, currently using a Mackie DL1608 with 2 effects that are adjustable, parametric EQ and dynamics on every channel and it's compact. The new 5.0 firmware means you can use an Android tablet, Mac/PC or an iPad.

I'd think about getting the best audio quality with used gear, and unfortunately the Mackie Pro FX series isn't the answer.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I don't know how well the Mackie pro fx v3 will hold up (as in this thread, there are some people that have had bad luck with them); however, I can say to stay well away from the Behringer Xenyx. Those I have had before (two of them) and they are not very reliable, and sound bad (bad compared to an Allen & Heath MixWiz and ZED 10Fx and Behringer X32).

My strong advise is to spend a little more money and get a Soundcraft: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...saAml3EALw_wcB

These have a very nice sounding FX engine (with 2 parameter dials per effect), and a sweepable mid on each channel eq. It has all that and these mixers have a much better track record than Mackie and especially the Behringer Xenyx mixers for reliability night after night.

Good luck in your mixer replacement.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thanks a good friend of mine has also recommended the Soundcraft EFX 8 which i'm told has a better sound than anything in its price range. I like the look of the Soundcraft signature but wondering if it would sound as good as the EFX 8 in terms of sonic quality and effects. Looks a really simple mixer though which can only be a good thing lots of space in between pots as opposed to other mixers.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search