The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Presonus Studiolive 32 Ai - Can't download firmware without receipt....SERIOUSLY?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Presonus Studiolive 32 Ai - Can't download firmware without receipt....SERIOUSLY?

Hello all, we have a StudioLive 32 Ai at my church and it is freezing up at the boot screen. I have been told by several people that I will need to reset the firmware on the mixer. So I go to the Presonus support site to download the firmware and they want the mixer to be registered to my account. Ok fine, I go to register the mixer to my account but it is already registered, probably by the contractor who set the system up for us a few years ago. I opened a ticket with support and they now want a copy of the receipt....SERIOUSLY???? I just need to download the firmware. I don't have a receipt. Our church went through some changes between then and now and those records are gone along with the people who purchased and set up the mixer. Dear Presonus, YOUR hardware that I am responsible for needs a firmware reset. Please don't make me jump through hoops just to download the software to support YOUR hardware. I have been in Pro Audio for almost 40 years and have not run into this level of ridiculousness until now. Have I made a mistake in purchasing your products? We are totally down waiting on a resolution for this issue. The only reply I got from their "support" team was about how they couldn't help me because I don't have a receipt - for a mixer that was purchase 5 years ago by someone else who is no longer in the picture. What a bunch of ******s. SO I ask you my Gearslutz bretheren, is there anybody out there who can help a brother out? Thanks in advance. And stay away from Presonus.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Edit: Well after they initially blew me off they got my situation resolved finally. It took them a day or so but I am a happy customer now. Thanks Presonus. Just know that if you need firmware for your mixer or whatever you will have to register the product on their website in order to d/l it which I still think is stupid. Have fun and make good music.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Glad to see you got it worked out.
Followed your post here, most out of curiosity for firmware how typical -or not this might be? A&H here, 'registered for sure but I don't recall it coming up.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I finally got the firmware flashed and it's still dead. If I remove the option card it will start to boot and then give a "missing option card" message and stop. If I boot with the option card it just gets stuck on a blue screen. I will probably send this back to Presonus but we are buying a replacement and sell this one when it comes back. Probably an A&H Q series. I never did like Presonus hardware.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

find the rep in the area...see if they have a rep sample they can loan you while yours is in service.
Unfortunately ill bet you dont have the box...consoles are clumsy to ship and they must be well packed.
safest may be to purchase a box & foam from P.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search