The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sennheiser Directional vs Omnidirectional Antenna
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Sennheiser Directional vs Omnidirectional Antenna

Looking for a recommendation for antenna amplification/distribution. I have 8 channels of SENNHEISER EW100 G3 (wireless HH/Lav Mics) in a road box. Drop outs and interference are occasional and becoming problematic - most notable on gigs in New York City, Dallas Texas, etc. This rig is used in the U.S.A.

I do everything from stand up comedy, live bands, ribbon cutting/award ceremonies, to talking head setups.. Locations are mostly proscenium theatre or hotel ballrooms.

Can anyone give an opinion on Directional Antenna (Sennheiser model #A2003 ) vs Omnidirectional Antenna (Sennheiser model #A1031-U )? By the way, I plan to use these with 2 Sennheiser ASA214 (distro amps)...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Definitely directional. The 2003 works well. Make sure it fits your transmitter frequency range, that's what the 'A' is for, the lowest frequency range.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Anyone have good results with aftermarket Antenna Padles?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

On the cheap I can attest that this antenna works, but it's not nearly as tough as a 2003. If you're handling it yourself then just make sure it's got a good case, which a 2003 should as well anyway. The 400-1000 MHz range covers all pro UHF wireless units.
https://www.wa5vjb.com/products1.html
(also check eBay)

Never a bad idea to have a UHF amplifier as well, the kind made for DTV antennas work fine, same frequency range.
https://www.amazon.com/Skywalker-Sig.../dp/B008UDF55E

You'll have to fashion cables with the various connectors and will look pretty janky, but it will work as well as $500+ in Shure branded equivalents. You can also merge the antennas from several units together using a TV splitter backwards, but then you definitely want the amplifier, and you're really saving money.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search