The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
FIrst PA System, what should I need.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

FIrst PA System, what should I need.

I'm installing a PA system for mainly hiphop and dance music. Not sure on the room size but its expected 500-700. The room is probably going to be untreated with a low ceiling(yikes). Should I use line arrays with subs or '"monitor speakers" with subs? Also what is a good mixer for small input shows like this? What kind of mics should I have? How many cables for odds and ends. Thanks.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

room size is first ..and is the sound gonna cause trouble with neighbors ? any outside area ?
500-700 what ? folks on dance floor ? will there be a Stage ? how often live ? need wireless ?
any answer you get here without more info is invalid.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Race View Post
I'm installing a PA system for mainly hiphop and dance music. Not sure on the room size but its expected 500-700. The room is probably going to be untreated with a low ceiling(yikes). Should I use line arrays with subs or '"monitor speakers" with subs? Also what is a good mixer for small input shows like this? What kind of mics should I have? How many cables for odds and ends. Thanks.
Do you have the dimensions of the room? What is your budget? How much of the room is for dining, sitting, conversing, the bar, etc vs dancing (how big is the dance floor)?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search