The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer x32 Compact and auxes
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Behringer x32 Compact and auxes

Hi!

I'm planning on a x32 Compact for a 200 seat venue with odd shaped room.
Can the x32 compact handle 4channel of fillers with delay compensation, in adition to Main LR and 2x monitors?

Are all fillers typically mono, or is 2x LR a reasonabel plan for a seating 90degree from stage, and one 180degrees (I just need a general idea here)?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sun View Post
Hi!

Can the x32 compact handle 4channel of fillers with delay compensation, in adition to Main LR and 2x monitors?

Are all fillers typically mono, or is 2x LR a reasonabel plan for a seating 90degree from stage, and one 180degrees (I just need a general idea here)?
Yes, you got enough Matrix outs on the Compact to do that. Or look into the new WING console, this one has 8 x Stereo Matrix and 4 x Stereo Masterbusses + 16 x Stereo Mixbusses;-)
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi!

32C gives you 8 ins, 8 outs, 6 aux ins and outs, and the solo buss.

You seem to need a total of 8, which you have via XLR on the 32c, but you haven't mentioned subs, which would put you into aux/TRS territory.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee4303 View Post
32C gives you 8 ins, 8 outs, 6 aux ins and outs, and the solo buss.

You seem to need a total of 8, which you have via XLR on the 32c, but you haven't mentioned subs, which would put you into aux/TRS territory.
Thanks!
Subs will be on main LR,
so all good
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
... Can the x32 compact handle 4channel of fillers with delay compensation, in adition to Main LR and 2x monitors?
Yes, you'd map the matrix outputs to the XLR outputs, and apply delay as required to the XLR outputs.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Will this be for a permanent install or a one off event?

If it's for a permanent install I highly recommend the addition of an SD8 or SD16 digital snake.

In addition to the additional inputs it offers you would get 8 additional outputs on XLR and most importantly you can position it close to your amps only needing a Cat5 cable to connect.

This would also have the advantage of having a different mix or eq for each overflow area.

I have used a similar approach in several houses of worship gigs that have overflow rooms or oddly shaped spaces that need a seperate mix

If it's a permanent install and you don't have the X32 compact yet, you might want to consider the full X32. It is not that much more and gives you twice the analog ins and outs
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasspike View Post
Will this be for a permanent install or a one off event?

If it's for a permanent install I highly recommend the addition of an SD8 or SD16 digital snake.

In addition to the additional inputs it offers you would get 8 additional outputs on XLR and most importantly you can position it close to your amps only needing a Cat5 cable to connect.

This would also have the advantage of having a different mix or eq for each overflow area.

I have used a similar approach in several houses of worship gigs that have overflow rooms or oddly shaped spaces that need a seperate mix

If it's a permanent install and you don't have the X32 compact yet, you might want to consider the full X32. It is not that much more and gives you twice the analog ins and outs
Permanent with option to do some outdoor-gigs.
Providing 3 options for the venue-owner, 2 with the SD16.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Yes.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

yep
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

yep

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search