The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pioneer XPRS-12 Active PA Speaker
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Has anyone got one or heard this speaker? i didnt know pioneer did FOH stuff?

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsc1ugs View Post
Has anyone got one or heard this speaker? i didnt know pioneer did FOH stuff?

When considering a product relatively new to the market, it's probably best to see what reputable establishments have successfully early adopted such?

Not having relevant user experience of recent Pioneer PA product, I'll restrict my comment accordingly.

The box in question uses Powersoft plate amps. Do not confuse these for their new and impressive T-series rack models, nor the slightly older X and K series amps I see doing good and consistent hard graft effortlessly on a regular basis.

The smart folks at Fulcrum (Dave Gunness and Rich Frembes) recently discontinued their line of powered speakers using Powersoft plate amps. The reason cited was the excessive amount of customer support (ie failure-related) that put excessive pressure on their otherwise burgeoning and innovative business.

However I have no special insight into that business decision. If this Pioneer product is so appealing, get a demo from a dealer to hear if it may be suited to your requirements.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search