The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Those people...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

My goash this thread has gone completely off the rails.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Sound Guy View Post
Actually no...despite the zealous efforts of some and melodramatic posts like this.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Sound Guy View Post
'Your opinions say a lot about what the experience of touring with you would be like'
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samc View Post
This is why I asked for an explanation of the specific circumstances, this is a normal case of replacing someone for a known period in the tour which happens often enough but is a very different thing from being an "understudy" or emergency replacement on a tour. Having understudies and emergency replacement musicians on a tour would be enormously expensive because of the additional transportation, hotel and logistics, this would cripple most tours.
I realise that more people on tour = more expense, it's not exactly rocket science.

I was given a copy of the songs from the set to learn, I had no rehearsal with the band. I was then told that I MIGHT get a call sometime over the next four weeks.

I got a call about 2 weeks later with 24 hours notice to join the band for the remainder of the tour.

I suppose 'Dep' would have been a better term than 'understudy'
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmark View Post
'Your opinions say a lot about what the experience of touring with you would be like'
Your a funny guy.
Not very nice.
But funny.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Had to change a bus driver a week into a two-month tour, he was partying more than than everybody in the band...drinking, smoking and picking up girls in the concert when he should be in his hotel room sleeping. after a serious talk with him We had a near-miss one day that caused me to make the decision to get rid of him immediately. The band was very comfortable with the new guy to the point that they requested him on several tours after.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

With proper preparation you can avoid hiring incompetent staff.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Those people are the musicians and crew members who can show up in a country for the first time, don’t speak the language or know anybody and find weed in seconds but never know what time they need to be ready for soundcheck.

They are usually the same people who are always late for everything, they can usually figure out how to do all the things they want to do, but never the things they’re supposed to do. Those people who have a copy of the road-book, but are always asking you what time is the lobby call for everything. They always know when and where is dinner when they don’t have to pay for it, but can never figure out these things when they have to pay.
sorry old lad but these people are not musisions they are just a bunch of childish little didums muppit musision making a fool out of them selfs in public (see my other post hear about busking)
They come into the countory because its an open border new world order and any BS storry from our master like they are on student visors because they have never undergone any form of musicial training what so ever will fool the public into belivive we need them as they are hard working and us worthless little eaters (according to kisanger who is one of the 13 main family blood lines who are enslaving humanity, more on this anotehr time) of our pathetic soveran nations are all lazy britts
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Had to change a bus driver a week into a two-month tour, he was partying more than than everybody in the band...drinking, smoking and picking up girls in the concert when he should be in his hotel room sleeping. after a serious talk with him We had a near-miss one day that caused me to make the decision to get rid of him immediately. The band was very comfortable with the new guy to the point that they requested him on several tours after.
quite right!
he should of been in his room wanking off
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

desperate dan should check the ingredients of his cow pie
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperate dan View Post
quite right!
he should of been in his room (...)
dunno about you but i feel indeed a bit safer if the driver is taking a rest and gets some sleep before getting behind the wheel - working hours for drivers can be quite different from the rest of the crew!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
sorry old lad but these people are not musisions they are just a bunch of childish little didums muppit musision making a fool out of them selfs in public (see my other post hear about busking)
They come into the countory because its an open border new world order and any BS storry from our master like they are on student visors because they have never undergone any form of musicial training what so ever will fool the public into belivive we need them as they are hard working and us worthless little eaters (according to kisanger who is one of the 13 main family blood lines who are enslaving humanity, more on this anotehr time) of our pathetic soveran nations are all lazy britts
Err.....yes.

Quote:
quite right!
he should of been in his room wanking off
I really hope you are never in a double decker tour bus that almost flips over because the driver fell asleep behind the wheel...should be interesting to hear you make fun of the experience while ****ting your pants.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The argument that with “proper preparation” you will always choose the right people is absolutely ludicrous...we didn’t ask the NSA to investigate the driver, but we did hire a company that we’ve used for several tours in the past and have always been satisfied with their service. The only mistake was not firing him earlier before he almost caused a serious accident.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
The argument that with “proper preparation” you will always choose the right people is absolutely ludicrous...we didn’t ask the NSA to investigate the driver, but we did hire a company that we’ve used for several tours in the past and have always been satisfied with their service. The only mistake was not firing him earlier before he almost caused a serious accident.
Hay Sam! I dont have a PSV but I hold a current HGV/LGV licence if that any good to you?

A driver should take regular breaks and regular breaks in dogging laybuys and truckstop full of prositutes, what-a-ya recon partner
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

A driver like you described doesn’t come without a reputation.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Do you know how long he’s been driving tour busses? The bus company is based in Germany and he is English, and like I said we didn’t get the NSA or the FBI to investigate. In this business you hire the bus from a company you trust, and they provide the driver(s). You expect and trust the bus company to provide both safe and reliable busses, and professional drivers who will take your safety seriously.

I’ve been on a brand new Prevost by Mercedes Benz bus that broke down while crossing Arizona during a heatwave...this was the maiden Tour of the bus from a very reputable company. If anybody here knows a fail-safe way to guarantee that things will always work exactly the way you plan I’m all ears.

Better yet, tell us about some of the tours you’ve planned and managed.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I haven’t hired a guy who’s gonna kill me and the band. I do my homework.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstapper View Post
I haven’t hired a guy who’s gonna kill me and the band. I do my homework.
Fine, but sometimes out on tour you might encounter a stranger who tries to kill you, and that's a fun way of finding out who has their wits about them at 4 in the morning in a foreign country. In the middle of nowhere.

Last edited by badmark; 1 week ago at 02:14 AM.. Reason: add
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Do you know how long he’s been driving tour busses? The bus company is based in Germany and he is English, and like I said we didn’t get the NSA or the FBI to investigate. In this business you hire the bus from a company you trust, and they provide the driver(s). You expect and trust the bus company to provide both safe and reliable busses, and professional drivers who will take your safety seriously.
A bus a truck or a car hire company, same thing, a car hire a car sales same thing
There is a little sales mans dressed up in a suit and tie (just like a politician) will tell you anything to sell you what he/ she has (hello Jeremy Corbin and cut from the same cloth Borris). But you tell them you don't just want a bus you want a driver as well. Well that hire company don't do driver but they tell you they do coz they just phone up the local employment agency to find a driver, and agency driver hears about its a rock'n'roll driving job = HOLIDAY. And that is why you have this man dressed as a fool! He may be the best time served keeper that butter would not melt on behalf of stagecoach but this job is his little who who in life remember

Quote:
I’ve been on a brand new Prevost by Mercedes Benz bus that broke down while crossing Arizona during a heatwave...this was the maiden Tour of the bus from a very reputable company. If anybody here knows a fail-safe way to guarantee that things will always work exactly the way you plan I’m all ears.
With out being inside it, it is a bit of a guessing game of silly buggers. But I though this was winter all across the Northern Hemisphere right???

But in this day and age where they are indeed selling us more **** then we dont need because our master tell us it is punishment to protect us from things they have done problem reaction solution (ie 911 was an inside job, more on this one another time) We have engine bays that are completely full of worthless junk! Thing like electronics and pollution control vales (because global warming dose not exist right, more on this another time) that there is not room to swing a spanner in there never mind work on the dam thing; unlike 50 years ago where there was just about enough room for two of you to stand up in there and have a shag with one of the gay lords from the dogging laybys bent over a hot stove/ engine exhaust pipe

So back to where we where, more likely safety cut off switch (health and safety right!) The little man from the workshop from the place where you picked it up from is most knowledgeable and is your freind. Have a look in the glove box mate! There are normally user manual books and list of phone number for breakdown and stuff inside there

Quote:
Better yet, tell us about some of the tours you’ve planned and managed.
err err err!!!!
well I have just done my first busk on the street (see my other post hear) and it did not go down well!
As I started, it started to pee down
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Dan, I feel it's only fair to tell you, you're talking ****. Please don't take that the wrong way but your thinking is disjointed and the resulting output makes no sense.

Think about what you want to say, then just say that.

All the best.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Still waiting to hear what this “homework” process is, and how many times its been employed.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Booking flights for Africa in a few days...I'll do my "homework" and have all members of the crew investigated and vetted.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

there home work where you just do the study by watching youtube video after YT video after YT vid, and talking and talking and talking but never actully doing the exersises and buiding the voice

Look at these 2, they talk and talk a good game but never actully do the exersises
https://www.themodernvocalistworld.c...alsetto-right/
silly little man goes one step furhter and watches YT vids from people claiming to be vocal coatches that have had no former training them self then people like him go and repeat it on sites like that then people copy those little snippets of information untill its a complet wash with utter BS

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search