The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best 250-300 audience pa with subs
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Best 250-300 audience pa with subs

Looking for good quality system active or passive for up to 300 people audience, if i could get away with just tops for small audience then add subs for larger is a good incentive any ideas, ps: i got a price off L-Acoustics for a10w system and £18k is not my budget
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I guess it really depends on what your actual budget is.... Martin Audio would be a good start either the BlacklineX or CCD Live. Ive got BlacklineX its comfortable up to about 250px depending on venue and type of material.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

What kind of venue? What kind of music? If 18K is not your budget, what is your budget?

I only ask because even 18K will not buy "the best".
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

£5k budget for now, its a madness tribute solo suggs
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The quantity of people is almost irrelevant. What matters are the dimensions of the room(s), nature of the seating area(s), and the architecture.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

An objective performance/value metric is almost impossible given the understandable brand bias that exists within our community. In my highly biased opinion the rcf EVOX 12 will meet or exceed most if not all of your sonic/budget requirements. It will provide the tightest 15inch bass response and the eight 4inch column speakers will deliver clear, transparent, even sonic distribution above 180 HZ. The ability to sonically cover the back of the venue without blowing away the front seats is a big time advantage over most near field point source systems. If you fail to audition the Evox 12 actually performing in the subject venue you will have missed a real bargain available at this price point.
Hugh
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

130SPL is impressive, i have used the evox 8 briefly, very impressed, suppose i need to demo the system
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Can i rule this system out? stumbled across it while looking at reviews of the evox 12 - LD MAUI 44
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

While I like RCF, I haven't really heard a good column speaker system. Perhaps they exist, but I just haven't heard one that sounded good compared to a more traditional tops over subs combo.

For 5K, I would likely go with either a Yamaha DZR12/DXS18XLF combo, or an SRX812/SRX818p combination. Both of these are powerful and clear. In fact, to get much better than these, you need to spend over 2x as much IMO.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Anyone heard this system? looks similar to l'acoustics A15W but these are powered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhnDM0JG-BE
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

as mentioned by previous posters, it's less about the gear and more about the room, setup, positioning...

no single system from a specific manufacturer does fine in every room: for maximum flexbility/to cover a wide range of situations equally well, i suggest using a modular approach/arrayable speakers which can be pole mounted, stacked or get flown and a possibly use a distributed system where suitable; different dispersion angle/rotable horns can be very handy too...
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Answer these:
- How much available space do you have to transport the system?
- Will you be lonely to place it or will you have help?
- What is the average size of the room you play in?
- Would you consider a passive system?
- How much important is the appearance of the pa to you?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyloo View Post
Answer these:
- How much available space do you have to transport the system?
- Will you be lonely to place it or will you have help?
- What is the average size of the room you play in?
- Would you consider a passive system?
- How much important is the appearance of the pa to you?
I appreciate the above yes, solo tribute madness

If i was 75% good enough foreach room i could settle with that, i need a middle ground, ive seen evox 12’s sub not big enough, dzr12, heard ex12’s have more clarity.... its a one hit investment so ideally if i could add in certain rooms ie: stage in middle in a rectangular room or less stuff for the smaller venues, im happy passive or active and i keep goin back looking at nexo
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

The DV-12 is exactly what you are looking for! I bought them and they do exactly what you want for way less than 18K.
https://www.guitarcenter.com/BASSBOS...SS%20DV12%2012.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBassmonster View Post
The DV-12 is exactly what you are looking for! I bought them and they do exactly what you want for way less than 18K.
Those are quite the specs. At a max of 3000W and 120dB, that means the LF driver has a sensitivity of [email protected]/1m. That's car audio bad. Not saying they're accurate, they rarely are. But doesn't do much for their credibility to publish numbers that bad.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBassmonster View Post
Never heard of it
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search