The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Would something like the jbl eon series be ok for a rehearsal space?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Would something like the jbl eon series be ok for a rehearsal space?

My band just recently moved into a new spot and we’d like to upgrade our dinosaur of a terrible PA system. This will primarily just be a vocal PA for a fairly loud rock band in a tall ceiling room with plenty of rock wool panels but at some point we’d like the option to add a sub to get a hair more volume out of the kick. Currently Sweetwater has these with a 48 month no interest deal and some Black Friday savings so the 12” model can be bought for $269. I don’t know anything about PA’s and totally understand these aren’t going to be the best speakers but will we be terribly disappointed? Our current setup is probably 25 years old and was cheap even when purchased.
Also if I purchase these should we go with 15” or 12” model. We wouldn’t bother miking the kick until we get a sub.. so these just need to sound good on vocals.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search