The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Midas M18R same price as stage box - usable as expansion/backup
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Midas M18R same price as stage box - usable as expansion/backup

I have an M32R, so I have the processing power of an M32 but not all the preamps.

I was thinking about expanding through an MR18 rather than a stage box. Same price ($800 and change) but adds an emergency 18 channel mixer, the option of two small stages simultaneously, and even possibly extra effects if I want to get complicated with it.

IF it works as an expansion. It's not in the marketing material that way, but it's "Ultranet" compatible so I'm assuming it would work as a stage box.

Emphasis on the ASSuming... anyone actually use one this way?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Ultranet is the personal monitoring stuff, you need aes50 connections to use it as a stage box.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Yup, the XR18 can't be used as a stagebox for the X/M32 series (other than as a submixer, but you're not after that). A shame indeed, as that would be brilliantly useful, but a fact nonetheless.

The solution you're after is the X32 Rack - can act as a compact independent mixer or as a stagebox for another X/M32.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search