The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best 12"/3" FOH speakers: RCF vs Meyer vs L'Acoustics
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Best 12"/3" FOH speakers: RCF vs Meyer vs L'Acoustics

I'm thinking about investing about 4K in new pair of FOH for audience, say 300. So far I'm using RCF NX45 and in general happy with them, but they have just a little too harsh sound that extremely difficult to fix with EQ. Say, my RCF TT-08 sound better, in my taste. So war my choices:
Obvious RCF TT22II - new with all DSP tricks - say, $2400
Meyer UPJ (old, but classic) - in good shape on eBay, same $2,500
L'Acoustics, say X12 - pricey, I can only afford used, so far can't find LA4 amp, most of used gear is in Europe. $2000 plus 2-3 grands on amp
Please advice
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

UPA's liable to see price changes soon. Our shop is waiting on a... hmmm...particular offer to buy a bunch, in return for a... particular new speaker on the market, and if that offer's not attractive, we're dumping the old to make room for the new.

I imagine many shops, especially dealers, are in similar situations.

Numbers I hear on used UPJ-1s, open market, 1.5 per box.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I would have to actually hear a box first before spending that amount on a pair.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

i wouldn't go by specs alone (3" for hf): there are countless speakers with 12" woofers available, old and new, which might do the trick - the x12 imo is highly overrated (i just flew a rig with 16 boxes: not as bad as the d&b e12 but meyer, k&f, hk, nexo, even old turbosounds in the same place did far better in previous years) and the amps are way too expensive!

could also be you'd be better off with an additional sub, fly less powerful boxes high enough, an l/c/r or distributed setup etc...
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

L'Acoustics X12 is a joke...sucks as monitor, as Foh also. Forget the the 136dB SPL max from the spec sheet, that's pure fantasy. That would be no improvement from a NX45...a Voice Acoustic Modular 12 would be a big improvement. https://www.voice-acoustic.de/produc...r-12/info.html
Or a https://www.harmonic-design.com/prod...aker/hd-mp12n/
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
L'Acoustics X12 is a joke...sucks as monitor, as Foh also. Forget the the 136dB SPL max from the spec sheet, that's pure fantasy.

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search