The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Dzr10 or ex10
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Dzr10 or ex10

If you had the choice which would you go for - yamaha DZR10 OR kv2 EX10?

the spl is lower on the ex10 so i need to know which i should go for with audiences of 150-300

Thanks
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsc1ugs View Post
If you had the choice which would you go for - yamaha DZR10 OR kv2 EX10?

the spl is lower on the ex10 so i need to know which i should go for with audiences of 150-300

Thanks
I own Ex10's and tried extensively dzr10's.
Ex10's are true hi end speakers with unparalleled clarity and dynamic, but they have a relatively poor representation in the bass region. With a Kv2 sub they are stellar.
DZR10 is a very good MI speaker for a great price. Obviously there is not the clarity, the dynamic and the balancing of the ex10, but It is a bit more powerful than the ex10 with an extended low end, until 50 hz. At extreme spl sound is still cohesive, not in the ex10 league, but still good.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucaio75 View Post
I own Ex10's and tried extensively dzr10's.
Ex10's are true hi end speakers with unparalleled clarity and dynamic, but they have a relatively poor representation in the bass region. With a Kv2 sub they are stellar.
DZR10 is a very good MI speaker for a great price. Obviously there is not the clarity, the dynamic and the balancing of the ex10, but It is a bit more powerful than the ex10 with an extended low end, until 50 hz. At extreme spl sound is still cohesive, not in the ex10 league, but still good.
What sub would you use if i didnt want the very expensive Kv2 sub?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
We use our EX10s with an Alto Black 15" sub (discontinued), but available rebranded as:

Quote:
Denon Professional - Delta 15 Sub

Denon Professional Delta 15 Sub 15-inch 2400-watt Powered Subwoofer with Wireless Connectivity
The EX10s are fabulous - powerful and incredibly clear midrange.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Is the sub any good?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have a pair of Ex2.2.
2 Ex10 + 2 Ex2.2 is an unbelievable small PA system.
I tried an Ex1.2 with ex10's and it is a beautiful small system.
The Ex1.2 is really powerful. I suggest to add this sub if you want a pair of ex10 with a bass extension.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I’ve had experience with the KV2 EX6, EX10, EX12, EX1.2 and EX2.2. I’ve also spent some time trying out the bigger Yamaha DZR12. From my personal experience with these products the KV2 stuff is in a completely different league! I would definitely add a sub or two with the EX10’s though.
I’ve heard the EX6’s plus a single EX1.2 sub at a few events that had around 150+ people and couldn’t believe the fidelity and power this tiny system produced. The engineer had a fully miked drum kit, 5 string bass guitar, 2x keys, electric guitar, acoustic guitar and 4 vocalists. The sound was astonishingly big and the separation and clarity was wonderful. Also, the system was turned down to less than 50% of what it’s capable of! The EX10’s plus dual EX1.2 had a very similar tone to the smaller EX6 system but noticeably more power and the EX12 plus dual EX2.2 had way more power than I could imagine needing for any of my work.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Well its this point source system from kv2 or the L-Acoustics A10W with KS21 subs

Ive just mist out on a set of Ex6’s with ex sub
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search