The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Riders -- Condensers for Percussion
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2SPL View Post
Getting back on point, 835's are great on percussion if you need good attack. Great tip for all those latin grunge bands...
Two things...

1. You and I hear things differently. You hear the 835 as kind of an attack dog of a mic. I hear it as noticeably more pleasant than the Shures. Maybe I’m like those people who think pit bulls are really friendly. It’s puzzling.

2. There are Latin grunge bands?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Actually, "Nirvantana" would be pretty dope
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
Two things...

1. You and I hear things differently. You hear the 835 as kind of an attack dog of a mic. I hear it as noticeably more pleasant than the Shures. Maybe I’m like those people who think pit bulls are really friendly. It’s puzzling.
When bred and trained properly, a pit bull can be just as friendly and well adjusted as any other breed of dog. Likewise, any “good” microphone will sound good on percussion in the right circumstance. A lot of people approach sound from a backwards way of thinking...what’s the best mic for percussions for example, when the approach should really be, what’s the right mic for this particular situation.

A good mic is a good mic, is a good mic, but even the best sounding microphone in the world might not be the right microphone for every situation for various reasons.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search