The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ideas on running a mixer from a battery
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

ideas on running a mixer from a battery

Hi

I have a Behringer1002fx mixer.
And on the transformer it says input 230V / 20W. and Output 2 X 14.8V / 2 x 500mA

Any ideas please
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by desperate dan View Post
Hi

I have a Behringer1002fx mixer.
And on the transformer it says input 230V / 20W. and Output 2 X 14.8V / 2 x 500mA

Any ideas please
The crucial information isn't clear in your post - unfortunately for you, the Behringer 1002fx runs off AC (alternating current) it's not going to be straightforward to power that from a battery. You'd need some kind of DC>AC box of tricks.
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

I've been running wedding ceremonies off of a Jackery 240. I use this to power a Gemini BT300 or EV Evolve 50, and a Behringer XAir16. It runs plenty long, plenty loud. Last long ceremony (30 mins of pre-ceremony music from guitar and vocal, 40 minute ceremony of officiant and a couple of songs, plus recessional music at end) only depleted the battery to about 65%.

I'm in the US so standard is 110. I don't know what to tell you if you have all 230v equipment. But I can say that using the Jackery is great for me because a battery powered speaker (like JBL EON OnePro) won't power my mixer, or provide power to a guitarist's pedal which I often need.

They have much more powerful boxes, but the 240 does everything I need.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for snowflakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperate dan View Post
Output 2 X 14.8V / 2 x 500mA
This means that your mixer "wants" two supplies of 14.8 Volts apiece (with each capable of supplying 500 milliamps).

...But this is incomplete information, because you still need to know whether its AC or DC (and if DC, what is the polarity?).

If you learn this, you might easily find another way to supply it with the power that it needs.
(This information is probably in the manual)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search