The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
best way to add wheels to subwoofer ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict
best way to add wheels to subwoofer ?

i purchased a subwoofer for my rehearsal studio because the band projects uses many synth basses and electronic drums and it helps a lot in creating balanced patches for different songs.

sometimes i go there alone, and since this is a shared room, there isn't enough space to leave much in there so i carry the sub in and out of the storage area (18" yamaha dsr18).

when with a bandmate, there's not problem, the sub isn't that heavy, but when i'm alone, there is just no easy way to drag it around, i thought about adding a cart with wheels so i can bring to and fro but there's this one step on the way and i feel that a cart would easily slip out of under the sub when attempting this by myself, maybe drilling and attaching the casters directly to the sub ? a bit invasive, what are other options ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

wheelboard with velcro so you can attach the board to the back of the sub and then tip it over.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
wheelboard with velcro so you can attach the board to the back of the sub and then tip it over.
great idea, velcro should keep the board in place and is a cost efficient solution, thank you
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

If you think they will fit, put them on the back.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Take caution strapping certain casters to the bottom of your sub.
They can rattle when the sub is in use.
The wheelboard idea works great.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search