The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
My Busking Amp Only Has 2 Channels and I Need 3
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

My Busking Amp Only Has 2 Channels and I Need 3

Hello,

I recently bought the Bose S1 Pro amp for busking and it has a really nice sound. However, I would like to perform with another singer so I now need 3 channels.

Is there a work around?

I can't find any battery powered mixing desks.
The only possible solution that has sprung to mind is to put my mic and guitar through my looper in one channel and have the other mic in Channel 2.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Old 4 days ago
There are many ways to do this. Here are three examples, from simplest to best-sounding:

1. Behringer Xenix 1002B battery powered mixer

2. Choose any small analog mixer that runs from a 12VDC wall wart (the smaller Mackie VLZ4 mixers do) and power it from a Gel Cell Battery Pack. You'll need to solder up an appropriate power cable.

3. The Sound Devices USBPre 2 is a superb dual preamp that can be set to give a mono line or mic level output and can be powered from a very small USB battery pack like this one.

David L. Rick
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

One not too expensive small mixer that can be battery powered is the Behringer Xenyx 1002B; it can use two 9V batteries (three if you need phantom power). Peavey also used to make a similar unit (the RQ200) which you may come across used.

A fair few other small mixers use an external DC power supply and it would not be too hard to rig up a suitable battery power system to run them, possibly using a DC-DC converter to produce the right voltage. Alternatively, any AC powered mixer could be run from a pure sine wave inverter hooked up to a battery, or a combination unit such as are sometimes sold as "solar generators." A modified sine wave inverter should be avoided for this particular use; it's very likely to produce a lot of hum and noise in the audio.
Old 7 hours ago
Here for the gear

Thank you so much for your responses guys.
Huge help!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search