The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
custom moulded earplugs - which db reduction do you use?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

custom moulded earplugs - which db reduction do you use?

hi,

I'm considering getting custom-fit earplugs for concert going and playing with my band (loud noise/rock/experimental). I know I want to have them done, but considering the price I don't want to spend too much on a db reduction that is not appropriate.

So I'm curious as to what you people who have them are using for filters? My ears are fine, I don't have tinnitus or anything. But sometimes concerts are LOUD, and I would just like to "take the edge off", so to speak, without losing the loudness/strength of the show too much either. Dialing back to 10 from 11 . For playing with my band, I might want something a bit more protective.

The brands I am considering are Minerva and ACS, Minerva has 10, 18 and 22 db reduction filters, and from what I understand you could have two different sets of filters and change them yourself depending on the situation. ACS has 10, 15, 17 and 20 db filters, but I am not sure if you can change the filters yourself or if you have to purchase two sets of plugs if you want two different reductions.

I've read different opinions about this, I'm thinking of getting 10db filters for going to gigs and maybe something between 15 and 18 for playing with my band. But I would really appreciate any insights on this.

thanks!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search