The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Dante my16 aud card and a RI8d hook up
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Dante my16 aud card and a RI8d hook up

Hi all,
Have a question I hope somebody can answer. I have a Yamaha M7cl board that I am still currently using with a 24 channel analogue snake at the stage. To run more channels I installed a dante My16 aud card and a Ri8d 8 channel stage box at the front stage via cat5. The RI8d cannot be run native so I have to also run a serial cable from the remote on the back of the console into the My16aud card to run it in AD8HR mode. The my16audcard and RI8d are connected by running them both into a network switch. I set up the connections using the dante controller software and dante virtual soundcard. All settings seem to be set up properly, everything is synced up on both the card and the RI8d, the external HA screen on the board shows the connected external HA equipment which is virtually mounted as AD8HR and I can control the head amp input gain, phantom power, HPF, etc. The card is installed in slot 1 on the board and I routed the appropriate slot 1 channels to the boards channels. The problem is that I am getting no signal at the board and no output sound from it. Let me also state that I am getting signal on the RI8d front input panel so I know that my connections there are fine. Can anyone help me figure this out, I have gone over the connections and my word clock settings many times but cannot get this working. Thanks.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Yo how about some paragraph breaks!

Post a couple Dante Controller screenshots for help.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Have you tried getting this to work with the RI8D at console location directly ?
The Tio 1608 might have been a better choice...btw
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

brew,
Yeah - sorry about running on - wanted to give the full picture! Anyway, did finally figure this out - it was part word clock set-up and somehow my subscriptions were off so I corrected that as well. Actually took it over to where the desk was instead of the stage and accomplished all of this rather quickly. One thing I am not really happy about is that in order to use the stage box I have to clock through the dante card/slot one on the board and cannot use the M7clock or my outboard isochrone clock which I really like to use - so there's that. Supposedly the dante clock is of good quality and reliable - have a big show coming up so probably won't risk it on this one, but eventually will try it out. Thanks for the offering of your help!
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Mike,
Finally did bring it to the console and found out what I was doing wrong - as in other post it was the clock and subscription settings that were the issue. Can't use the Tio because it does not support AD8HR mode which I have to use with the M7cl.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joadmz View Post
One thing I am not really happy about is that in order to use the stage box I have to clock through the dante card/slot one on the board and cannot use the M7clock or my outboard isochrone clock which I really like to use - so there's that.
You could just set the console as external master and clock the console to your external clock.

Obviously the Ri8-D can only clock to Dante—there’s nothing else on the back—but that shouldn’t stop you from using outboard clocks.

All that said there’s no issue clocking to Dante. It’s frankly much easier, and adds an element of clock redundancy.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search