The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Recommendations for a small mixer?
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Recommendations for a small mixer?

Hi guys,

I am currently running a live setup as part of my band which features 2 instruments with very different volume outputs. One is a synthesizer run from an app on my iPhone and the other is a home-made photo theramin. I run them through a pedal board featuring various weird and wonderful effects pedals.

At the moment, I mute the chain with a tuner pedal when switching between the two and use a gain pedal for the quieter of the two instruments. The iPhone and theramin do have individual volume controls but the difference between the two signals is still pretty big.

What I want to achieve is the ability to run both instruments at once, but also to be able to adjust each instruments volume level independently. For example, I have a Mooer Micro ABY pedal which allows me to run both instruments into the rig, but does't help me when it comes to controlling the volume.

My initial thoughts are a small mixer would work best, so I can have 2 channels going in with one output going to the pedalboard. I do have an Alesis MultiMix4 but this just feels like overkill for the sake of what I wanna achieve. Any suggestions either for a really small basic 2 channel mixer, or for something else that would work in this scenario?

Thanks!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Mackie 402 would do the job and leave room for expansion with mic inputs as well. Built well, sounds good, and can be a Swiss army knife mixer for other needs. I bought one for DJ'ing my daughter's school events vs. bringing a full rack, and it works great.

Otherwise, you could look at used Rane rack mount mixers.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

In your shoes I'd use the MultiMix.

Rolls makes a few little tiny mixers that might be more what you're looking for; the MX28 and MX22S are a couple of examples that might be appropriate.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgordon1 View Post
Hi guys,

I do have an Alesis MultiMix4 but this just feels like overkill for the sake of what I wanna achieve.
Thanks!
The Alesis isn't overkill. Its exactly the right size. When you said its overkill I looked it up thinking it was some enormous unit that was too heavy to carry around.

Use the Alesis MultiMix 4.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search