The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Shure PA710 Antenna Alternatives for P7R L2
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Shure PA710 Antenna Alternatives for P7R L2

I'm looking for some Shure PA710 antennas for my P7R-L2 receivers. My understanding is that they are no longer in production, and I'm having no luck locating any left in stock anywhere. Does anybody out there have any ideas for a source, or an alternative?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioeng03 View Post
I'm looking for some Shure PA710 antennas for my P7R-L2 receivers. My understanding is that they are no longer in production, and I'm having no luck locating any left in stock anywhere. Does anybody out there have any ideas for a source, or an alternative?

Shure P7R - L2 (632.200 - 650.725 MHz) – No Longer Available

"Changes to operations on frequencies in the 600 MHz service band
To meet increasing demand for wireless broadband services nationwide, the FCC recently auctioned spectrum that had been licensed to broadcast television stations operating on TV Channels 38-51. The results of the auction (completed in April 2017) will affect the availability of spectrum for wireless microphone operation on the 600 MHz frequencies that correspond to these TV channels, specifically the 614-698 MHz frequencies. Most of these 600 MHz frequencies have been repurposed for new 600 MHz service wireless operations (specifically, the 617-652 MHz and 663-698 MHz frequencies).
Transition operations

The FCC has established a time period to help smooth the transition of wireless microphone operations out of the 600 MHz service band to other available frequencies. Specifically, the FCC allows users to continue operations on the 600 MHz service band under certain conditions until July 13, 2020. However, users must not cause harmful interference, either to the existing broadcast television operations or to the 600 MHz service wireless licensees' operations in the band. In addition, users are not entitled to any interference protection from broadcast television and 600 MHz service licensees."

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides...ss-microphones

Just a guess but it could be that your specific gear isn't serviceable because of this issue.

The alternative is to build you own.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search