The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
New Live Sound Rig!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

New Live Sound Rig!

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share my new Live rig. I'm in a band that gigs occasionally (4 piece), and we're starting to play out more. I've decided to go all in on a nice PA system. I've been doing a lot of research over the past few weeks and have finally started putting the pieces together.

Gear:
- x32 Rack Mixer housed in a SKB Studio Flyer 4U case
- 1U Furman Power Conditioner
- Klark Teknik SDHC Expansion Card
- QSC K12 x2 (Legacy)
- E1200 Linksys Router
- (Already owned) iPad Pro 12"

I bought the x32 Rack new but I found a pair of QSC k12 (Legacy) a few hours away for 1000$. They came looking brand new with Gator rolling cases and Pro-Line Speaker stands.

The Klark Teknik card is AWESOME! We rehearsed last night and i ran everyone through the x32 Mixer. Having the ability to record, mark, and instantly playback sessions, or export to my DAW (Logic Pro) is absolutely amazing and seamless.

Hope this is okay for posting here as its mainly just a "Hey look what i got!!!" but if anyone has any questions or advice i would love to discuss!

QUESTION: I want to be able to mic my drummer and am looking at a sub. The KW181 looks like an absolute monster and i'm not sure if I would be willing to haul that thing around, but i've heard mixed things about the Ksub. Has anyone Owned the KSub, or have enough experience to tell me if that would be enough to mic up a drum set and get a clean punchy kick?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButerscotchJones View Post
Hey everyone, I just wanted to share my new Live rig. I'm in a band that gigs occasionally (4 piece), and we're starting to play out more. I've decided to go all in on a nice PA system. I've been doing a lot of research over the past few weeks and have finally started putting the pieces together.

Gear:
- x32 Rack Mixer housed in a SKB Studio Flyer 4U case
- 1U Furman Power Conditioner
- Klark Teknik SDHC Expansion Card
- QSC K12 x2 (Legacy)
- E1200 Linksys Router
- (Already owned) iPad Pro 12"

I bought the x32 Rack new but I found a pair of QSC k12 (Legacy) a few hours away for 1000$. They came looking brand new with Gator rolling cases and Pro-Line Speaker stands.

The Klark Teknik card is AWESOME! We rehearsed last night and i ran everyone through the x32 Mixer. Having the ability to record, mark, and instantly playback sessions, or export to my DAW (Logic Pro) is absolutely amazing and seamless.

Hope this is okay for posting here as its mainly just a "Hey look what i got!!!" but if anyone has any questions or advice i would love to discuss!

QUESTION: I want to be able to mic my drummer and am looking at a sub. The KW181 looks like an absolute monster and i'm not sure if I would be willing to haul that thing around, but i've heard mixed things about the Ksub. Has anyone Owned the KSub, or have enough experience to tell me if that would be enough to mic up a drum set and get a clean punchy kick?
Nice rig!

The KW181 is light years superior to the KSub. If you can't reasonably use a pair of KW181's and need smaller and lighter subs, I would strongly advise you look elsewhere.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search