The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
VRX in reverberant venues
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

VRX in reverberant venues

Since VRX932 has coverage pattern of 100x15 seems like a perfect option for reverberant wedding venues.
Especially those venues that are longer in width than in length (depth).

Currently I use 4 EV zlx tops, but in bad acoustic venues the sound bounces off the walls, so I’m thinking if I go with VRX I can point the speakers slightly down from the poles , at the audience , and prevent reverberations from the walls.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Here’s a sketch I did of 3 most common (and problematic) wedding venues:

Red = EV ZLX speakers.
Green = band.
Blue circles = guests tables.
Blue rectangle = bridal party.
Attached Thumbnails
VRX in reverberant venues-9b864ce9-7d71-4e03-ba54-3624d1c61012.jpg  
Old 6 days ago
Your strategy will be partially effective, but consider that the VRX have a crossover point of 1.2K

Your pattern control will be poor below the crossover point as it effectively front loaded at that point with no horn.

You would have better results using cabinets with pattern control to lower frequencies (such as horn loaded 3 way cabs), but such cabs will be much larger than the VRX and few would support standard pole mounting.

In the interim, use a speaker stand tilt adapter with the ZLX cabs to angle them down appropriately, which will be an improvement.

https://www.amazon.com/19670-Medium-.../dp/B000WB6N12
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambamboom View Post
Your strategy will be partially effective, but consider that the VRX have a crossover point of 1.2K

Your pattern control will be poor below the crossover point as it effectively front loaded at that point with no horn.

You would have better results using cabinets with pattern control to lower frequencies (such as horn loaded 3 way cabs), but such cabs will be much larger than the VRX and few would support standard pole mounting.

In the interim, use a speaker stand tilt adapter with the ZLX cabs to angle them down appropriately, which will be an improvement.

https://www.amazon.com/19670-Medium-.../dp/B000WB6N12
Thanks for the reply.
I'll get the the tilt adapters for now,
and will be on the search for speakers that are horn loaded or with wider dispersion
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search