The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Digilog: Using Analog Outboard with Digital PA Systems
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Digilog: Using Analog Outboard with Digital PA Systems

I've been wondering what's everyone using these days for outboard i/o? I've been thinking about stuffing a couple of Burl Audio B16 Mothership - Dante backplanes in a outboard patch rack. What is everyone else using for really good i/o for outboard?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The local AES/EBU or line ins and outs :(
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
That’d work if you don’t already have the IO in your console or stagebox. If you do, just use that.

In my experience in large touring, there’s no demand on the rental side, nobody bothers with esoteric converters. One of live sound’s many refreshing charms.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

i'm using whatever desk i get and use built in converters. if i feel very fancy, i'm using my own desk and a bunch of converters of choice (crane, weiss, lavry, studer, euphonix, rme, ssl etc. ); more often though, my outboard is digital as well so i only need digital format converters (asebu/madi in my case).

going to the amps is mostly via dante and asebu, analog serves just as a backup.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiospecific View Post
I've been wondering what's everyone using these days for outboard i/o? I've been thinking about stuffing a couple of Burl Audio B16 Mothership - Dante backplanes in a outboard patch rack. What is everyone else using for really good i/o for outboard?
Why...?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search