The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How to avoid soundcard disconnecting in the middle of a live set Audio Interfaces
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

How to avoid soundcard disconnecting in the middle of a live set

Hello,

what techniques you use to avoid soundcard disconnecting in the middle of a live set (or DJ set). I'm playing with 2014 Macbook and NI Komplete 6 interface. I had the same problem with 2011 Macbook and same soundcard, also with NI audio 2. Used to put electric tape on the usb-connector ro make it tighter. Friend say they have same problem with Apollo soundcard... I never had disconnections in live yet, but in the studio yes and i don't want to worry about it every time when i go to play live (especially when i want to connect some synths aswell), there got to be some good secure way. Does for example usb -> thunderbolt converter help? Note that i have recently changed the usb output socket from the souncard, but still sometimes the sound disconnects without any particular reason. Any tips n tricks? Thanks in front!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Sacrifice a goat to Ba'al. Keep plenty of Fabreze in the booth.
Old 5 days ago
S21
Lives for gear

Work out the faulty parts (or components) and replace them. Anything else is a half measure.

Failing that, "splint" the connections to stabilise them, adding a little 3-4" rod underneath each socket, secured with gaff tape to the unit and bound with thinner tape to the cable.
Old 3 days ago
Great product. Spray it on all connections before plugging them in, https://caig.com/deoxit-d-series/

Good luck!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search