The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Live Vocal Effects 1U Unit Midrange Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Live Vocal Effects 1U Unit Midrange

Looking for 1U live vocal effects unit for two mics. I assume running through my AUX send return channel to effect the the two mic channels with the AUX pots. Right now I have to TC Helicon Mic Mechanics, and personally, I think they sound digitally bad with the reverb effects.

I want to have quality live vocal reverb/delay, that I can set and forget. Not going to be adjusting the settings all night at gigs. Just a keyboard, guitar and two vocals.

Would a TC Electronics M350 be a step up from the Mic Mechanic pedals? I would be happy to invest more than $200 on a unity, up to $800-$900. But not interested in shelling out a couple thousand on a Bricasti.

I can't seem to find mid range units. Any advice? And does a more expensive unit even make a difference in live applications?

Thanks!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedconverse View Post
Looking for 1U live vocal effects unit for two mics. I assume running through my AUX send return channel to effect the the two mic channels with the AUX pots. Right now I have to TC Helicon Mic Mechanics, and personally, I think they sound digitally bad with the reverb effects.

I want to have quality live vocal reverb/delay, that I can set and forget. Not going to be adjusting the settings all night at gigs. Just a keyboard, guitar and two vocals.

Would a TC Electronics M350 be a step up from the Mic Mechanic pedals? I would be happy to invest more than $200 on a unity, up to $800-$900. But not interested in shelling out a couple thousand on a Bricasti.

I can't seem to find mid range units. Any advice? And does a more expensive unit even make a difference in live applications?

Thanks!
M350 is better Or get Lexicon MX300 for $300-400 or find a used PCM92 for maybe $800-900 and be done with it. Yes you can clearly hear it through a good sound system if not it definitely makes vocal smoother and less cheap sounding.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thanks for your reply. If you know, is there sound quality difference between MX200, 300 and 400?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. If you know, is there sound quality difference between MX200, 300 and 400?
MX200 doesn't sound like 300/400, not as good. Algorithms are different. Spend extra dough to get the 300/400.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Thanks!
How will you use the delay? Like, ping pong, 4's, slap etc?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search